Sponsor your spouse or partner to Canada with Canada Spouse Visa

by aman sharma Canada Immigration,Canada PR Visa

Getting hitched this season? How to apply as your spouse's sponsor for immigration to Canada. A description of the spousal sponsorship process in Canada. You can begin your application to sponsor your spouse now if you intend to wed this summer.

How to support your partner or spouse

Foreign spouses, common-law partners, and conjugal partners may be sponsored by Canadian citizens and permanent residents to settle in Canada and become permanent residents.

You need to fulfil the following requirements in order to be qualified to sponsor your spouse or partner:

  • You are at least 18 years old,
  • You are a citizen of Canada,
  • You are a permanent resident of Canada, or
  • You are a person who has registered under the Canadian Indian Act,
  • You currently reside in Canada or are a Canadian citizen who intends to do so;
  • You do not qualify for social assistance due to a handicap; and
  • You are able to meet your fundamental requirements and those of your spouse or partner (and if applicable, those of dependent children).


The sponsored individual must be at least 18 years old and clear all security, background, and medical examinations.

Additionally, you and your foreign spouse or partner must demonstrate that your relationship is real. You must demonstrate your validity as a married person if you are sponsoring a spouse. As an alternative, common-law partners must demonstrate they have been living together continuously for at least 12 months in a marriage-like relationship. Similar to this, you must demonstrate that, despite being in a committed relationship for at least a year, there have been major impediments keeping you apart from living together (such as cultural, religious, or immigration obstacles).

Outland or inland sponsorship are the two alternatives available when sponsoring a spouse or companion. The outland sponsorship option is for couples when one partner does not currently reside in Canada and the other lives overseas while the Canadian sponsor does. The inland sponsorship option is available to Canadian residents who are living together and whose foreign spouse or partner is temporarily registered as a worker, student, or guest in Canada.

Can you submit your application even though you are engaged to be married?

The 12-month living or relationship criteria demonstrate that you do not need to be married to start the application procedure if you are in a common-law or conjugal relationship. If you intend to get married soon but are not currently in a common-law or conjugal union, you can start the spousal application procedure before you tie the knot. This expedites the procedure so that the application can be filed to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as soon as you get married.

It is essential to speak with a knowledgeable Canadian immigration lawyer who can help you navigate the process if you intend to get married this summer and would like to start your application now. You may demonstrate your connection is sincere with the aid of a lawyer, who can also assist you avoid errors that might cause unneeded delays in the application processing.

Additionally, the IRCC said that the typical processing timeframes for fresh spousal applications have returned to its 12-month service norm. Additionally, the IRCC has launched an online case tracker that enables sponsors to keep tabs on the development of their applications.

Also read:

How to sponsor your child for Canadian immigration

Canada will extend the Super Visa to 5 years per entrance

Canada to allow super visas for parents and grandparents of Canada PR and citizens

How can I demonstrate to the IRCC my relationship with my spouse or partner?

Source Url:

Sponsor Ads

About aman sharma Advanced   Canada Immigration,Canada PR Visa

114 connections, 0 recommendations, 342 honor points.
Joined APSense since, March 7th, 2019, From New Delhi, India.

Created on Sep 20th 2022 04:32. Viewed 218 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.