Sponsor Your American Spouse/Partner For Canadian Residence & Citizenship

by PRC Agency PR
Sponsor Your American Spouse/Partner For Canadian Residence & Citizenship

Do you have a spouse or partner that you want to live with you in Canada? Have you tried to check out sponsoring them for Canadian residence or citizenship and found the process confusing? Take a look at this guide by Ivan Steele Law for help.

This guide outlines the criteria you must meet to be eligible as a sponsor and the requirements to prove the validity of your relationship with the applicant.

Visit for more information.

The complex process for a Canadian citizen to sponsor their American spouse or partner can be overwhelming, but you can now use this updated guide as a resource to determine the best path forward.

Like the United States, Canada does not give your spouse an automatic right to residence or citizenship, but as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can sponsor their immigrant status application. This guide explains that you should familiarize yourselves with Canadian immigration laws and start the immigration process as quickly as possible.

Since the immigration process is long and complicated, understanding the laws can help you and your spouse avoid mistakes that cause the application to be returned. You can ensure your application is processed correctly the first time by consulting an immigration firm like Ivan Steele Law, specialists in spousal sponsorship.

According to this guide, when the immigration process is started before your spouse moves to Canada, the applicant must remain in their home country while you, the sponsor, remain in Canada. Visitor visas are rarely granted to anyone applying for immigrant status.

Applicants who are already legally in Canada when the immigration process is started may apply for an open work permit so they can work while waiting for approval of their application.

In addition to your spouse or partner, you can also sponsor your parents, grandparents and children of the foreign spouse under the age of 22.

Toronto-based Ivan Steele Law specializes in immigration law, family law, and gay/lesbian law. With a 15-year proven track record of developing effective solutions to complex immigration problems, Steele has provided the help needed for countless Canadians or Canadian permanent residents to bring their spouses or partners to Canada.

The law firm streamlined its business model during the recent pandemic by conducting meetings via Zoom, Skype, or Facetime and will continue with this flexible system that reduced its carbon footprint.

A satisfied client wrote, “I highly recommend Ivan. My partner and I had tried doing the sponsorship on our own, and the application was returned twice. So we went to get Ivan’s help and the whole process went by so well.”

Don’t you want to simplify the sponsorship of your spouse or partner so that you can get the process over with as quickly as possible?

Call Ivan Steele Law at 647-342-0568 or go to to get the help you need.

Sponsor Ads

About PRC Agency Committed Deluxe  PR

0 connections, 0 recommendations, 1,975 honor points.
Joined APSense since, July 1st, 2015, From Portland, United States.

Created on Jul 20th 2022 05:03. Viewed 146 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.