Spend time with the disadvantaged this Joy of Giving Weekby Akshaya Patra NGO in India - Akshaya Patra
is celebrating Joy of Giving Week till
October 8 and as a part of this, The Akshaya Patra Foundation, is giving its donors
an opportunity to contribute towards making the children happy by spending some
time with them.
any number of activities you could organise for those who need nothing more
than time with someone. This is experienced all the more by many of the aged. They
do have money, but may feel lonely. For such people, you could regularly
organise some get-togethers, such as in a park.
be turned into a fundraising activity as well. You could charge a small fee for
organising the get-togethers. The proceeds of this could be used to donate for
a cause. Though not too big in scale, this Joy of Giving Idea is a fairly good
that can be implemented.
Be a part
and parcel of the Daan Utsav, and it will be a chance for you so
that you can see for yourself that the results, though not measurable by
numbers, the number of lives it touches is astounding.
Some of the
activities you could consider for ensuring you share your largesse with those
in need may include:
1. Spending time with children from economically-challenged backgrounds, ensuring that you organise activities such as sports and games for them during the week at the schools where they study. This will not only be stimulating to their minds, but also ensure they enjoy whatever they are doing. Imagine the joy you shall feel!
2. Take out time and visit an orphanage. Share your knowledge with the children. This might help them understand their academic lessons easily. Shram daan or donating some work or efforts is the best you can do for them. The results of that would be long-lasting. It is the best gift you can give during Daan Utsav.
3. This week is a time when you can share a few ideas, and then feel the Joy of Giving. See how best your ‘largesse’ can give the maximum benefit to the beneficiaries.
4. While you go for your evening walks, why don’t you try sharing the joy of evening walks with someone who may be older and is inactive for want of company.
5. During the Daan Utsav, you could also offer to do some work at Akshaya Patra, an NGO in India or even make a monetary contribution which would benefit the school children to a great extent.
But, no matter what you do for the benefit of the needy, you are sure to enjoy the pleasure and a sense of joy from the fact that you are able to make someone happy by sharing your resources. So, why wait? Pitch in to share what you have. Help those who need your help to come up in life.
Created on Oct 6th 2017 04:48. Viewed 1,064 times.