Some facts that you need to be aware of before getting dental implantsby Allen Rose Doctor
Teeth are very significant part of our body and our smile. If not properly cared, they can get damaged and can become discolored, chipped or even break and fall out. For someone having loose or missing teeth, there are many different options to get it replaced such as bridges and dentures. But the best option for the replacement of lost or missing teeth are the dental implants.
By far dental implants are the best option and there are many advantages of it over dentures and bridges. However, before getting the implants procedure done, you should be aware of what these implants really are and in what different ways they can help you.
Some of the facts about dental implants are listed below:
· Dental implants are root device, which are made artificially and then implanted in the jawline. They are usually made of titanium as this metal is compatible with human body. These implants are used in cosmetic dentistry in order to support restorations such as crowns. They are surgically placed and support the artificial tooth structures permanently. These restorations have tooth resembling structure and can replace single tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth.
· Presently, most of the dental implants that are placed these days are root-form endosseous implants. They almost look similar to the actual tooth root; this is the reason they are referred to as “root-form”. With a surgical procedure, they are placed within the jaw bone and are attached to the surrounding jaw bone. The bone of the jaw accepts the titanium post and allows healing and the process is termed as osseointegration.
· Implants are designed in a way that they be used to support various dental prostheses such as crowns, bridges or dentures. All of these are structures that are made artificially to resemble tooth. Implants can also be used as anchorage for orthodontic tooth movement.
· Before the advent of root-form endosseous implants, most of the implants placed were either blade-endosseous implants or sub-periosteal implants, in which a framework was constructed to lie upon and was attached with screws to the exposed bone of the jaws.
· The osseointegration process refers to the fusion of the implant and its surface with the surrounding bones. Dental implants need to fuse with bones however they might feel slightly different while chewing from natural tooth due to the lack the periodontal ligament.
· The implants remain rigid as they are attached individually. They are rigid rather than having some flexibility like natural teeth possess.
· Not every person is fit to be a candidate for getting a dental implant procedure done. The person must have enough supporting bone particularly in the upper jaw that is in such close proximity to the maxillary sinus. The person shouldn’t be a chain smoker or diabetic as the success of implants decrease. The person willing to get implants must also have good oral hygiene and good general health.
· Dental implants procedure can be performed by oral surgeons, periodontists, endodontists and general dental practitioners. They need to have the necessary training and education to perform the procedure.
· The dental implant procedure is usually painless during and even after the surgical placement. It is usually performed with the use of a local anesthetic but alternative methods such as IV sedation are also available.
If you stay in Snellville GA, contact Snellville Family Dental if you are looking to have dental implants. They will sit down with you and explain everything you need to know, and discuss dental implants cost with you. Overall, you will look and feel better about yourself and your friends and family will notice the difference as well. You will no longer have a reason to smile.
If you want to learn more about dental implants, or any of their other dental restorative procedures, contact them for all your dentistry needs.
Created on Jun 5th 2020 06:02. Viewed 157 times.