Solutions for troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error H202
by John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
You may come across the QuickBooks Error H202 popping up when you try to use your QuickBooks application in the multi-user mode. The error suggests that your multi-user connection has been blocked and is not working. It suggests that the company file is on some other computer and you cannot reach it. Through this blog, we help you understand the reasons why you may see the error and the methods that help you fix it.
If you are facing the QuickBooks error H202 on your network and are struggling to resolve it, call us at our 844-888-4666 to get an expert’s assistance in resolution.
Reasons why you may get the QuickBooks error code H202?There are various possible reasons why you may get the QuickBooks error code H202 on your network. These have been pointed out below for you:
- The most primary cause of the error is misconfigured hosting settings.
- The Firewall program blocking the data exchange between the workstation and the server is another reason behind the error.
- If your DNS settings are not properly configured, the error H202 may occur.
- Connection issue due to the failure to detect the IP address also happens.
- Components facilitating the multi-user service such as the QBCFMonitor Services or the QuickBooks Database Serve manager failure to work can also cause the error.
- A corruption in the Network Data file is also found to be causing the issue.
Symptoms suggesting the QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
H-series errors are notorious and suggest multi-user issues in your QuickBooks application. If you are getting QuickBooks Desktop error H202, here is a list of ways to identify it:
- The most obvious way to identify the error is to see the error code H202.
- You will be unable to switch to the multi-user mode.
- Your QuickBooks app slows down or freezes if the error occurs.
- Failure to open the Company file stored on the server from workstation is not available.
How can you troubleshoot the Error H202 in QuickBooks?
As we understand now that the error H202 in QuickBooks can occur due to multiple reasons, we also can guess that it can be resolved through various processes. The best methods are provided below
Method 1: Identifying the IP address
You can make your workstations identify the server’s IP address by using the ping command. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the ‘Run’ command of your application and enter “cmd” in it.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open the Command Prompt.
- Type ping_[servername] and then press the ‘Enter’ key again.
- You should repeat the steps on all the workstations.
- If you get loss of packets then you should use the Quickbooks File Doctor tool.
Method 2: Using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
You can resolve the issue also by running the File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Just make sure that you use the latest version of the application while performing the steps.As we experienced in this blog the different method for resolution of the QuickBooks error H202, it should be easier for you to resolve it effectively. We also made you aware of the reasons that prompt the error in your network. If you are still facing the error and you need our help, contact us at our 844-888-4666 and talk to our certified experts.
Created on Feb 24th 2021 09:45. Viewed 212 times.