Simplest Way to Apply for Australian Permanent Residencyby Aayush Bathala Australia Immigration Consultants in India
Australia is one of the most desirable countries to apply for Permanent Residency (PR) and most sought destination for immigrants across the globe. The process of applying the Australia PR Visa is automated and comparatively hassle-free than other countries. Australian PR is the gateway to all those immigrants who wish to study, work and live in the country with all requisite benefits available to those of Australian citizens.
To enhance the probability of getting selection one has to secure higher grades in the skill assessment. Here are the few checklists which will assist you to understand the key requirements and process of PR.
The key requirement to apply for Australian Permanent Residency (PR)
- Age below 45 years
- Education and work experience certificates
- Competent English Language proficiency with a minimum of 6 bands in IELTS all four Modules. However, to earn at least 10 points one must have 7 bands
- Travel documents including passports, migration permission from the concern authorities.
- Settlement funds proof (Bank accounts, cash, shares, bonds, etc.)
What is the process to apply for Australia PR Visa?
- Required a minimum score of 65 under the point’s grid.
- Choosing the appropriate Visa category as a skilled worker applicant
- Skill Assessment– One needs to assess their education and experiences under the guidance of designated body e.g. for IT professionals the designated body is “Australia Computing Society”.The entire process takes 45 – 60 days.
- Selection of Occupation from the Skilled Occupational List (SOL), applicable for skilled immigrants – There are 3 types of SOL for Australia, based on the visa category an applicant choose to apply:
- Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MTSSL)
- Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
- Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations
- Express of Interest– Post skill assessment, the applicant needs to lodge an expression of interest. Based on total points scored on English language ability, Skilled employment, Qualifications, Australian study requirement, Specialist education requirement, NAATI Points for Skilled migration, Professional Year Points, etc. the score will be evaluated. The higher the score, the higher will be chances for Invitation to Apply (ITA’s).
- Submission of Visa Application – On receiving ITA, one had to submit the visa application to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) within 60 days of receiving the invite. The applicant can further add details of a dependent if, accompany him/her.
- Medical Fitness and Character Certificate – To expedite the visa process applicant must initiate the police verification and medical fitness immediately post ITA.
- Visa approval – Post submission of the requisite document to DIBP, the details will be further reviewed and evaluated by designated authorities’.Based on a satisfactory review, the Visa will be granted in 3-5 months.
Once the visa is approved, the candidate usually gets 12 months (i.e.12 months from medical date) for Departure. Permanent residency is a preferred status among immigrants in Australia PR holder enjoys an indefinite period of stay and qualifies for various government schemes and services. Undoubtedly, Australia is the top destination for migrants due to its tremendous growth opportunities and lucrative lifestyle.
Created on Dec 6th 2019 04:02. Viewed 255 times.