Akshaya Tritiya, also known as Akha Teej is a highly auspicious and
sacred day for the hindu and jain communities. Since it is considered to
be the most auspicious day, all the activities undertaken on this day
bring desired results. Akshaya Tritiya is being celebrated across the
is a belief that anything that is begun on this day is indestructible
and eventually flourishes with time. Therefore, the start of a new
venture or purchase of a valuable commodity on this day was encouraged
by our ancestors. It is also common practice to make new investments
towards the expansion and development of businesses. It is believed that
purchasing gold symbolizes wealth and prosperity that grows with time. A
practical outlook of this age-old tradition is that investing in gold
is always profitable and can never fail to yield profit on resale.
Akshaya Tritiya has lot of religious significance:
1. It is the birthday of Lord Parashurama, one of the ten Dashavataras of Lord Vishnu.
2. It is the starting day of Treta Yuga after Satya Yuga.
3. It is the day when Sudama offered Aval to Lord Krishna, who in turn blessed him with bountiful wealth and happiness.
Lord Krishna gave the Akshaya Patra to Draupadi when the Pandavas
started for the Vanavasa, so that they always has food in abundance.
5. Veda Vyasa started writing the epic Mahabharata.
6. The Holy Ganges descended upon the Earth.
7. The annual Rath Yatra in Puri Jagannath begins on this day.
Created on Dec 8th 2021 06:39. Viewed 177 times.