Shopify vs Woocommerce vs Etsy vs Volusionby Ethat T. Contributor
Shopify, Woocommerce, Etsy, and Volusion are some of the most popular eCommerce platforms in the market. Each one of them has its own pros and cons. When selecting the right platform, it boils down to your unique business requirements. Among these four, Shopify is the most popular and common platform. In this article, we have done brief comparisons of , , and to help you figure out which one is for you!
When you are looking for a full-fledged package, Shopify is your best option between these two. With Shopify, you can build and publish your online store completely. On the other hand, if you already have a website and want to transition it into an online store, Woocommerce is right for you. It a plugin that works seamlessly with WordPress.
Pros & Cons of Shopify vs Woocommerce
• With Woocommerce, you are able to customize fully while Shopify does not offer unlimited customization.
• All the technicalities are taken care of by Shopify, which includes hosting and SSL certificate but with Woocommerce, you are on your own.
• With Woocommerce, you get the ability to work on SEO on a deeper level, compared to Shopify.
• While Shopify has 24/7 quality support, Woocommerce does not offer any phone support to its customers.
Shopify is an E-commerce platform and Etsy is a marketplace. While Shopify is an online store builder, Etsy allows sellers to enlist their products in their store. In other words, Etsy is like a huge shopping mall that lets sellers open their own shops and sell products to potential customers. On Shopify, you build and design your own store whereas, on Etsy, you create an account and start selling products like millions of other sellers.
Pros & Cons of
• Shopify offers you a lot more room to customize your store while Etsy being a marketplace has only limited options for you to choose from.
• As Etsy is already one of the most popular marketplaces in the world, you don’t have to worry about getting traffic on it. But if you build a Shopify store, you have to make some noise in the digital world to get attention.
• For an individual who is not tech-savvy and wants to sell products online, Etsy is a great option. By simply creating an account, you can start selling. For a store on Shopify, you either need to hire resources or have some basic skills.
Both Volusion and Shopify work in similar ways. They are platforms that enable individuals to build online stores and sell their products. As both of them are ‘hosted’ solutions, they don’t require software to be installed rather run in your PC’s/mobile phone’s browser. Volusion and Shopify are software as a service (SaaS) solutions.
Pros & Cons of Volusion vs Shopify
• When you have a Shopify store, there is no limit to product numbers but Volusion limits product
• numbers. On the ‘Personal’ plan, the limit is 100 and on the ‘Professional’ plan, the limit is 5000.
• Shopify offers more choice when it comes to free templates, compared to Volusion.
• Shopify offers more third-party payment gateway options than Volusion.
• While both Shopify and Volusion offer ‘out of the box’ payment solutions, Volusion Payments can only be used in the US. On the other hand, Shopify Payments can be used in 11 countries.
Whether you have a store on Shopify, Etsy, Volusion, or Woocommerce, every platform comes with advantages and disadvantages. Go for the one that works best for your business.
Created on May 8th 2020 23:25. Viewed 263 times.