Set up fish feed plant in Nigeria with factory designby Lima Machine Lima SEO
Aquaculture is the fastest growing segment of the feed industry. According to the report from FAO, fish consumption now exceeds beef consumption per capital. Nigeria, with a population of about 165,000,000 people is grossly under provided with an essential food component, which is protein. For example, data from the FOS, CBN, and FAO indicate that from cattle, less than 2kg of beef is available to an average Nigerian per year and just mere 4kg of eggs per annul is available to each Nigerian.
Making locally-produced fish more readily available for Nigerian consumers will give them faster and fresher access to one of the healthiest sources of animal protein. Fish is considered to supply approximately 15% of per capital protein consumed by people around the world. Low carbon footprint, high per unit yield, and unique protein content have spurred consumption of fish.
The growing fish farming in Nigeria is creating a demand for fish feed. Apart from the presence of oxygen in the ponds, feed is next in importance for the production of fish. Fish feed constitutes about 40%-60% of the recurrent cost of most intensive fish farming ventures and sometimes negates the economic viability of a farm if suitable feeds are not used.
In Nigeria, the fish feed industry is dominated by few large commercial feed industries usually based in Europe, Asia or America who run local franchised industries. Limited Availability of Traditionally Derived Fish Feed Creates Room for Disruption. Indigenous Feed Enterprises are seen as an honest approach because of ease of availability of raw materials, and access by fish farmers. A number of strategies have been adopted such as price policies, input subsidies, production credit and liberalization by governments and individuals to increase the output of these fish feed enterprises. Currently in Nigeria emphasis has been placed on encouraging indigenous feed enterprises that make use of local ingredient in formulating feeds for the fish industry. The task of meeting the increasing demand for fish feed can best be realized through increased availability of indigenous feed production.
Starting Materials → mixing → transferring → extrusion puffing → transferring → drying → cooling → screening → spraying oil→seasoning → packaging
How to build fish feed plant in Nigeria?
1. Materials Crushing Various kinds of raw materials should be ground to the required size by feed hammer mill. It is crushing stage to ensure the raw materials to be crushed for extruder machine and have a nice performance of the final extrusion feed pellet.
Once feeding into the crushing chamber, materials are smashed under the high-speed rotation of hammers. With the high pressure and rapid-moving of airflow, the smashed raw materials are further reduced into particle size or very small powder for further processing. Feed crusher machine is suitable for fish feed pellet grinding in the production line.
2. Materials Mixing Powdery feed materials need to be mixed thoroughly in the mixer to ensure a high-quality of nutritional feed. It with features of low energy consumption and high mixing accuracy, which reinforces convection, shearing, and mixing effects and is an essential parts of the whole line. I think you can come to learn about the lima feed machine.
3. Pellet Extruding After mixing,fish feed machine will compress feed powder into sized pellets. It is the key process part of the total fish feed production line, as the pellet machine can ensures that quality of the fish feed pellet. Each bite of a pellet made by our pellet mill will have the same quality because the machine adopt high technology standard.
We have dry type fish feed extruder and wet type fish feed extruder for pelletizing. While dry type fish feed extruder is suitable for small aquatic farms. Wet type feed extruder is equipped with conditioner and can produce high quality pellets in large capacity, so it is suitable for large fish feed plant in Nigeria.
4. Pellet Drying. Pellets are in high temperature and moisture content after extruding, so fish feed pellets dryer is needed to cool and dry pellets.
Our pellet dryer is a continuous convective belt dryer. Pellets formed through the extruder are stacked in layers on a wire mesh or perforated plate belt conveyor and conveyed continuously through drying chambers, the drying air is passed repeatedly through the products layer during this process,until pellets have the optimum moisture content before leaving the dryer.
5. Oil Spraying. The oil spray machine is use to spray oil onto the surface of the feed pellet.It sprays atomized oil with high speed on the up and down surface of pellets, and the excessive oil can be recycled through filter. The good taste and nice smell of the end product is owed to the Oil spraying machine. The smell can attract the fish to eat the pellet.
6. Pellet Cooling. Hot pellets are soft and easily broken, which can result in a high percentage of fines. By cooling pellets can be harden. The cooler is adopting the counter-flow cooling principle, it can reduce the high temperature and moisture content, for large capacity fish feed production line, this is an necessary machine. For small capacity, the pellet can cool naturally.
7. Pellet Packing. To make pellets easy to store, transport and sell, they should be packed properly. Moreover it can also prevent feed deterioration and thus prolong its shelf life.
So do you know the feed production line?
Created on Apr 12th 2022 21:03. Viewed 42 times.