Sage 50 Professional Network Installation on a Workstationby Mason Olivia Digital Marketing
If you are licensed for employing multi-user in Sage 50c Payroll, then you are eligible for installing the software on a network. This article aims to provide information on how to perform the Sage 50 network install over peer to peer and client or server network.
The installation process depends on which type of network you like to use Sage 50c Payroll:
- Peer to Peer network
- Client or server network
Installing on a peer to peer network
Before performing the given steps ensure you are logged in to each system as a user with administrative rights.
- Install Sage 50 application on the computer where you have your data stored then create your companies.
- Log into every company and create a user name for each user.
- So that your Sage 50 data files are accessible from other computers, you need to share the data folder on the host computer. Allow at least Modify access for every file.
- Map a drive on the shared folder to easily connect to your Sage data. This will enable you to easily locate the folder while setting up the data connection.
- Install Sage 50 on the second computer.
- Make sure no one has logged in to the Sage 50 application in the first computer. Open the Sage 50 application on the second computer
- Now, type in your activation key and serial number then click on Next.
- From window option, choose the existing set of Windows file data and click on Next.
- Enter the data path to your Sage 50 data file. Alternatively, to locate the file click on Browse > locate > Next.
- Verify the details of the company are correct. Next, click on Finish.
Installing on client or server network
- First, you need to create a shared folder on the server computer in order to hold the company data.
- To install your Sage 50 application on the client computer. Insert the newest software CD or double-click on the latest software download, click on Accept Licence. When the Important Notice screen is displayed, verify the tax year is set correctly. Click on Next.
- To setup window type window, click on CUSTOM > NEXT > BROWSE > and enter required location.
- Click on Data Path window > BROWSE > and enter the data path to the shared data folder (created in step 1) on your server. Click on OK > NEXT.
- Next, click on the Shortcut window. If necessary, adjust the shortcut name, then click on Next and check the details are correct. Click on Next.
- If prompt to restart the computer, select NO.
- From the Windows desktop and double-click on Sage 50. Enter your activation key and serial number. Create companies and close the software.
- Install Sage 50 application on the second client’s computer.
- Copy the path to company data files from the first client computer and paste them into the installation folder on the second computer before you open the application.
- Now, open the Sage 50 application and enter the same serial number & activation key, and click on Finish.
Accountsportal Tech Support
If you require further assistance while performing the above steps, kindly give us a call on +1 (800) 796-0471. We also provide supports via emails firstname.lastname@example.org and Chat Support link available on our website.
Created on Apr 8th 2019 05:05. Viewed 171 times.