Safety on Road- The Importance of Safety Measures and Instrumentsby John Steffen Consultant Road Accidents have become quite common nowadays and alarming as they are, they are being neglected every now and then. These accidents mainly occur due to the mistake of the drivers which they do by not following traffic rules. Traffic safety refers to the measures and methods implemented by the government to prevent road accidents. Additionally, things like the bullnose barrier is used by the traffic police to ensure that we are safe.
Following these rules not only ensure safety for ourselves but it also guarantees the safety of others on the road. We encounter news of road accidents every day be it in the newspaper or television or even on mobile phones nowadays. Most of these cases are of drink and drive, driving on the wrong side, fast and rash driving, showcasing stunts, etc. All of these incidents have one thing in common and that is lack of safety measures.
Traffic safety measures:
- Some traffic safety measures include
- an understanding of the road signs,
- keeping a track of the speed limit,
- not using cell phones while driving,
- wearing seat belts when in four-wheelers and helmets in two-wheelers,
- not driving while on alcohol, etc.
It is not only the drivers who are responsible for all the accidents, sometimes the pedestrians are responsible too. Pedestrians should always take a look at the traffic signals before crossing the road and should always use pavements or zebra crossing. Here we are going to learn about some traffic safety measures undertaken by the government.
Column protectors and their uses
Column protectors are also known as Corner Guards and they are designed to protect the edges of the road. They are generally placed on the sides of the road to indicate the beginning of the pavement. Other than this is also used on the middle of the road to divide the road into two acting as a divider. The Frontier company are the leading column protectors manufacturer in India. Some of the key factors of their column protectors are as follows:
- They are made up of rubber which has a huge impact and has high resistance power.
- Apart from being used on roads, they are also used on pillars to prevent breaking and chipping of the corners.
- They are also used on the four corners of the parking lot and they also protect the edges of industrial walls.
- They can be utilized to mobilize both heavy and medium traffic areas and are also used for moving trolleys.
These bullnose barriers are certain types of barriers created on the road to restrict the movement of passengers to a certain area of the road. They usually act as a separation barrier and are mainly used on Toll Plazas. Key factors of frontier bullnose barrier include:
- Water ballets mainly comprise the composition of these barriers as they act as crash barriers and have saved numerous lives.
- They are made of high-quality materials which provide UV resistance and their colors also do not fade easily which allows them to last long.
- They are also visible in both day and nighttime which provides equal safety in the toll plaza at all times.
While traffic safety rules are an important part of commuting from one place to another, they often go unnoticed, or neglected. Following the traffic rules diligently can ensure our safety. The traffic police do their best to keep all safe. The remaining lies with the decision of the civilians to stay safe.
Frontier Polymers is a huge brand dealing with traffic safety products. They are highly passionate about what they do and is the most trusted brand when it comes to the safety of the citizens. Their products are made of high quality and ensure optimum protection against any accidents.
Created on Jun 24th 2019 00:58. Viewed 551 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.