Safety Instructions while Driving 4 Wheel Travel Scooter on Even and Uneven Surfacesby Affordable Medical USA Experience new solutions to everyday struggles
If you are physically disabled or suffering from limited mobility and planning to buy a 4 wheel travel scooter, you will never regret your decision. The mobility scooter helps in improving the quality of life for both physically disabled and limited mobility people by giving them a sense of freedom and independence. It is not wrong to label them as a lifestyle-enhancing machine that will regain your mobility and independence.
Unlike all-terrain scooters, these scooters are recommended to use on even surfaces like in homes, supermarkets and museums. The general rules to follow while riding on the streets are:
- Follow all pedestrian signs and instructions.
- Always carry safety equipment like reflective clothing, safety flags, etc., to name a few to keep yourself visible from distant places.
- Slow down the speed of a 4 wheel travel scooter and notify the same to the follow pedestrians by giving an audible signal.
- The mobility scooter is designed to offer a safe ride on sidewalks, so avoid crowded roads and streets as much as possible.
However, bumpy surfaces like ramps, sidewalks, etc., are unavoidable when a person plans an outdoor trip. For instance, some ramps are natural whereas some are man-made. So, if you are outdoors and need to cross any ramp or inclines, proceed with caution by keeping the speed as slow as possible. Riding 4 wheel travel scooters on such surfaces is dangerous as well as risky also. So, avoid driving on the following surfaces when you are outdoors:
- Near an edge of a lake, ocean or river
- In tall grass
- Loose gravel and sand
- Near rail crossings or railroad tracks
Tips to Follow while Driving Uphill and Donwhill
It is necessary to read the user manual of a 4 wheel travel scooter carefully that comes along with every mobility scooter to find out whether it is ideal to drive uphill and downhill. Even if you encounter such situations, keep the following tips in the mind:
- For Driving Uphill: While going uphill, do not forget to lean forward to maintain the centre of gravity of the scooter. If possible, avoid zig-zag route or sharp turns and drive straight as much as possible.
- For Driving Downhill: The rules are same: drive in a straight line as much as possible. To ensure a safe movement, keep the speed settings to the lowest.
Follow the aforementioned instructions carefully and religiously and enjoy you ride on the mobility scooter to the fullest.
The 4 wheel travel scooters is designed to offer safe ride on even surfaces. However, keep the speed of the scooter to the minimum if you need to cross any unlevelled surfaces. Moreover, avoid driving the scooter near lake and in tall grass.
Created on May 31st 2020 04:54. Viewed 192 times.