Rollback Windows 8 with Reboot To Restore Technology by Deep Freezeby Carla S. Marketing Manager
Deep Freeze by Faronics offers more potent & quicker solutions to rollback Windows 8 to its pristine condition with Reboot To Restore Technology.
System Restore is a feature offered by Microsoft that helps Windows users fix their PC when the system crashes. If you run System Restore on your Windows 8 computer, it helps you to roll back Windows 8 to a previous restore point. At times, a potential malware infection can also cause a system slowdown, prompting users to restore Windows 8 to retain its operability. Under such circumstances, System Restore provides users with the ability to roll back Windows 8 to a previous working state by creating restore points to save it from further damage.
However, Deep Freeze offers a faster and optimal solution to recurring system related issues than Microsoft Windows Restore by enabling users to roll back Windows 8 to its frozen state with each restart. Let’s explore both the solutions in detail.
How Microsoft Windows System Restore helps to Rollback Windows 8
When users experience problems with their Windows 8 system, Microsoft offers them with options to either restore, refresh, or reset the Operating System to get any of the following results:
● Refresh: If users run Windows 8 Refresh, it would rollback PC to their default settings while keeping personal files, settings, and apps downloaded from the Windows store intact. However, any apps downloaded from websites or discs will be deleted.
● Restore: Opting to run the Windows Restore aids users to roll back the Windows 8 system to an earlier point in time when it was working properly. It also eliminates all the recent changes performed on the system.
● Reset: Windows 8 Users can also choose to reset their system completely by removing everything, that includes all user-specific files and applications.
To roll back Windows with efficacy, administrators can create predefined restore points on Windows. If there is an unwarranted application or software installed, the admin team can create restore point to remove such changes and rollback Windows 8 to a desired previous state.
Is Microsoft’s System Restore a viable option to Rollback Windows 8?
Even though Microsoft (MS) System Restore provides useful options to restore Windows , it comes with multiple limitations, some of which are given below:
● MS Windows System Restore removes all system updates on Windows 8 to run properly. Therefore, you will have to reinstall all your system updates, if you use the Microsoft-enabled feature to refresh and roll back Windows 8 to a previous state.
● MS Windows System Restore cannot complete the recovery process on its own in Windows 8 PCs. It would require the recovery media from the users to be able to roll back Windows 8 without failure. The absence of such recovery DVD or thumb drive will lead all recovery attempts to go in vain, as MS Windows System restore cannot function properly if certain system files are missing.
● MS Windows System Restore consumes a lot of time to roll back Windows 8 to its pre-defined working state. If users wants to refresh their Personal Computers in order to restore Windows to its default settings without affecting their personal files, the whole process takes almost 30 minutes with System Restore. This poses great inconvenience during high productivity hours, when the users are looking for simple options to roll back Windows 8 without delay.
It is clear that Windows System Restore might provide PC recovery solutions, but it creates additional problems for the users in the process.
How Deep Freeze is an ideal solution to Rollback Windows 8
As a market-leading workstation recovery solution, Deep Freeze has completely transformed the way the IT world approaches endpoint management. Deep Freeze allows the users to freeze their desired system configuration, and roll back Windows 8 to a particular state on each reboot. Empowered by its patented Reboot to Restore technology, Deep Freeze simplifies Windows 8 PC maintenance for the end-users. Some of its advantages are highlighted below:
● Deep Freeze’s Reboot to Restore technology works on all the latest Windows OS versions and does not discard any updates like Microsoft Windows System Restore does. After the updates are installed, all users need to do is to “freeze” the updated system configuration, which saves them the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling system updates after rolling back Windows 8 effectively.
● In case of multiple Windows 8 systems connected over a network, as found in schools, colleges, public libraries, and internet cafes, Deep Freeze allows IT administrators to track all installations through a centrally managed console.
● Deep Freeze is more convenient to implement on the system and delivers results more promptly than Windows System Restore feature. It offers great ease of installation and usage, and helps end-users roll back Windows 8 to its original pristine state with a simple push of the restart button.
Thus, Deep Freeze has become the most preferred system recovery solution for IT admins and end users who wish for a simple solution to restore Windows 8 to resolve all system-related issues. It completely eliminates the requirements of system reimaging, thus reducing the dependency on IT support and ensuring 24*7 workstation uptime.
Created on Nov 13th 2017 06:18. Viewed 668 times.