Restart frontier Router & Set-Top Box Password Wi-fi Password Reset/Changeby Anderson Lieto IT Experts
How to Restart Your FiOS Router
A restart is the best way to solve Internet or TV problems. Resuming / restarting your router or decoder resets your device and often solves the problem.
If a restart does not work and you need help, contact our 24/7 technical support team at 1.844 964 2969. Frontier supports any device you provide, including a multiport modem. If you are using a non-border device, contact the manufacturer for help with your product.
Should you need to restart?
If you do not have a connection, check if there is a service interruption in your area before restarting your computer. Connect with Frontier Customer Service to fix the Issues and Troubleshoot the Problems.
How to Restart Your Frontier Router or Modem :
Press the power button or disconnect the power cord from your router. Turn it on again or plug it back into the power outlet and wait 30 seconds . Read the Process to change/reset wireless modem and router . Note: Always keep your router plugged in and turned on so that your FiOS TV can function properly. A restart is the only time to close it.
If that doesn't help, try a factory reset:
Look at the reset button on the back panel of the router. Use a pen to hold the reset button for 10 seconds or straighten a paper clip. The restart process will begin approximately 10 seconds after releasing the button.
When the router restarts, the front panel lights will go off and something will flash.
When the power light is illuminated, the router has completed its restart process. Try to use the Internet as you normally do.
Note: A factory reset undoes any configuration that has changed. If you have changed the name and password of your router, a factory reset will change.
How to Restart Your Frontier Set-Top Box :
Unplug the power cord of your Set-Top Box from the power outlet.
Wait 15 seconds, then plug it back into the power outlet.
Wait for the Set-Top Box to light up in front of it.
Turn on the Set-Top Box and wait a few minutes when the Interactive Media Guide is updated.
Check if this solves your problem. If not, it may be necessary to reset the decoder. Contact FiOS support at 1.844.964.2969 more help.
Note: Be sure to disconnect the power cord, not the coaxial cable. A coaxial cable that is not properly attached can cause problems. Take a second to make sure all connections are secure.
Change My Wi-Fi Network Name and Password :
Be ready to change your password:
- Find your network name (or SSID) and password on a label on the back, bottom or side of your router.
- Connect the computer directly to your wireless router with an Ethernet cable.
- When prompted, choose WPA / WPA2 security and AES encryption (based on your choices).
- When prompted, create a secure password (or password) to protect your wireless network: at least 8 characters; A mixture of letters (upper and lower case), numbers and symbols (without spaces). Avoid using common words or personal information.
- Make a note of your new password and keep it safe.
To change your network name and password, choose your router brand model with Actiontec F2250 :
- Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1. Log in with username admin and password admin.
- Click the Wireless tab near the top of the main screen and choose Basic Settings in the menu on the left.
- Enter a name for your network that is easy to remember.
- Choose Security Type for Encryption Type and WPA2-Personal for AES.
- Create a strong password in the Passphrase / Key field.
- Click apply
- Now that your wireless network has a new name and password, you will need to reconnect your wireless device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) to the new network using the new password.
Created on Jan 17th 2020 00:56. Viewed 402 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.