Reasons Why You Are Not Getting That Bodyguard Jobby Executive Protection Institute EPI was founded in 1978
Being a bodyguard has its perks. You get excellent pay, you get to travel to different places across the world, and you get to work alongside eminent personalities. However, if you’ve tried time and again to be a bodyguard, and yet you’ve always been unsuccessful, one of these may be the reason why:
- You have chosen the wrong bodyguard training course. Fix your career by choosing the right bodyguard school!
- Your CV/Resume is spiritless. Think about revisiting it and focus on what you can offer the employer NOW, rather than what you’ve done in the past.
- You’re speaking to the wrong people. Do your due diligence and send out your CV/Resume to the companies who are looking for someone like you.
- You are not following up. Once your CV/Resume is out, don’t just sit there and wait for the call. Be pro-active and chase that work.
- You only have basic training. Look for some complimentary training courses that might make you appear more of an attractive proposition to the employer. Courses like surveillance, fire-fighting, or armed security training will significantly assist you in your search for employment.
- You aren’t networking. You need to put yourself out there and let everyone know who you are and what you do. In other words, never miss an opportunity to hand out a business card.
- There’s no work. Close protection is a desirable occupation, and sometimes there isn’t enough work to go around. Think about adding a string to your bow, such a surveillance or event security. You might scoff at the idea of doing these menial security tasks, but they always afford an excellent opportunity to network. Never underestimate networking.
Close protection can be a tricky business to get into, especially in the early days of a new career. Don’t give up if things haven’t worked out for you yet because those that are tenacious and determined to succeed are the ones that do.
Created on Feb 17th 2020 01:22. Viewed 160 times.