Reasons to Become a Massage Therapistby Grecy Charls Blogger
A recent study has highlighted that career opportunity in massage therapy will grow exponentially in the coming years. So, anyone who is looking to enter this particular industry, this is the right time. Healthcare programs Calgary are enabling aspirants to gather the necessary skills to become successful in this industry.
Message therapists are widely regarded for their capabilities to remove pain, heal injuries, relieve stress, improve circulation etc. But being a therapist has some serious benefits in terms of career. So, if an individual is interested in becoming a therapist, they can check out the courses offering massage therapy diploma Calgary.
Reasons to become a massage therapist
- It’s rewarding to help others:
The primary job of a therapist is to help others in need. A diploma in massage therapy will enable the students to learn the craft of helping others to get over their injuries or pains. This process of improving clients is very self-satisfying. This sensation is a reason big enough to become a massage therapist.
- Flexible schedule:
After completing a diploma in massage therapy, students can work part-time or full-time according to their will. Students working part-time can choose timings according to their convenience. They can work during day or evening or even at weekends if they want. Also, they can start a business by opening their therapy centre. Having a business has its challenges but being your own boss and working flexible hours is an excellent advantage to have.
- Employment opportunities:
Therapists have a high demand nowadays. With numerous hotels, resorts and spas opening in different areas, they all need a licenced therapist to give their clients a soothing experience. This has increased the demand for well-trained and licenced therapists.
Money is undoubtedly the biggest motivation for any individual to work. And, massage therapists earn good money for every session they take.
- Personal gain:
Due to the demand of their rigorous work schedule massage therapists are always in good shape. They stay active, on their feet and require their upper body to do all the work. So, being active and fit keep therapists away from various illnesses.
A massage therapy diploma Calgary will enable the students to this exciting life of a massage therapist. But to do this, an individual must fulfil the following criteria:
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Finished the high school and out of school for a minimum one year or more.
- Clear the entrance exam (Wonderlic, passing mark of 20).
- Clear the interview.
- Health sciences: Anatomy and Physiology, nutrition, pharmacology, pathology)
- Clinical science/massage therapy: Joint mobilisation, Hydrotherapy, Myofascial, Neuromuscular, Lymphatic drainage, Pregnancy message, Orthopaedic assessment, Sports massage, Relaxation massage, Practicum, Student clinical experience, Trigger point, Therapeutic massage etc.
- Professional practice: Business ethics, communication, relationship building, first aid/CPR etc.
- Others: Aromatherapy, Reiki, Thai massage, Acupressure, Reflexology, Tuina etc.
- Healthcare programs Calgary are presenting opportunities to individuals who are looking to build their career. A message therapist course like this will help individuals to have a career in a growing industry or build a business of their own.
Created on Mar 2nd 2020 03:41. Viewed 189 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.