React Native Vs Flutter Vs Xamarin – Which Is the Best Frameworkby Fluper USA Best Mobile App Development Company in USA
Nowadays, apps have become an integral part of daily lives. Now, the question is, “what made us say that?” we can all admit to the fact that various applications can do various jobs and apparently they are very well fitted for that. Evidently, this has made us realize that mobile technology is the way of leading the future and of course making a fortune out of it.
Apparently, there are quite several tools
available for hybrid cross-platform app development:
- React Native
- Kotlin Native
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
From the above mentioned list, we have picked up three of the most popular and established solution – Flutter, React Native, and Xamarin.
In this particular article, we’ll be discussing their pros and cons and along with that, we’ll run a comparison by focusing on development, performance, and many other different aspects.
So, without any further ado, let’s start things up.
- It’s a free and open source platform
- It’s based on Dart
- The architecture is based on reactive programming
Pros of Flutter
- Faster code writing, which normally takes second and helps teams with adding features, fixing bugs, and experimenting faster.
- Developers only have to write just one codebase which is used for apps covering both Android and iOS platforms.
- It requires less time while testing which ultimately quicken the quality assurance process.
- It is considered to ideal for MVP because you can build the app in less time, comparatively.
Cons of Flutter
- Flutter is still in its beta stage and has not released the stable version yet.
- When it comes down to native app development, Flutter is still not at all that rich.
Xamarin was launched back in the year 2011, and later was acquired by Microsoft. This tool is used to write native Android, iOS and Windows apps with native user interfaces.
Pros of Xamarin
- The framework uses C# language that fluently works over a myriad of platforms.
- In case you are making an app for multiple platforms, then you can share or reuse most of your code for other platforms.
- You can get platform-specific functionalities in your app.
- Faster app development with NuGet and Xamarin plug-ins
Cons of Xamarin
- Xamarin is not free and you not only need to buy the framework. But its price is not at all suitable for startups or budget constraint business.
- Limited access to different vital libraries for the creation of an app using this framework.
- UI development is time consuming as the user-interface creation is not mobile.
- Currently, Xamarin suffers from low community activity, which is not good for developing a framework.
What is React Native?
Pros of React Native
- React Native offers some of the most reliable elements that can quicken the development time drastically.
- Hot Reload: you can reload your application quickly, without recompiling.
- Direct use of native code to optimize your app to a great level.
- Faster app development with pre-built elements
- It gives you access to native functionalities like camera, accelerometer, and so on.
Cons of React Native
The navigation of your mobile is most likely not being equivalent to native navigation. Without a doubt, a navigation which is being designed in React Native is proven to be not that smooth.
Just like Xamarin, React Native lets you develop superior quality apps. But, apps built with React Native are comparatively slower in performance.
Apps Built With These Platforms
Some of the most popular apps that have been built with Flutter are – AppTree, Alibaba, Topline, Google Adwords, Google Greentea, Refelcctly, Hamilton Musical, OfflinePal, Hookle, BetaBubs, and many more.
Here are some of the some prominent apps that are built with React Native – Facebook, Facebook Analytics, Skype, Instagram, Facebook Ads Manager, Tesla, Walmart, Uber, Pinterest, Bloomberg, Artsy, Soundcloud Pulse, Discord, Vogue, F8, Chop, and so on.
A few of the mobile apps that are built with Xamarin are – APX, Insightly, FreshDirect, SuperGiant Games, Thermo Fisher Sceintific, Olo, Just Giving, Skulls of the Shogun, The World Bank, Storyo, etc.
Which Framework is the better one?
All three of these frameworks are totally suitable for making a best-in-class app. however; it is quite a task for us to say which one is the better one. Instead of that, you need to think which one is to choose for your business. Some prefer coding in React Native while other chooses Flutter, and only a few consider Xamarin.
Being one of the best Xamarin app development companies out there, Fluper has vast experience in developing reliable yet productive apps at the same time. So, if you want to make an app, then feel free to contact us to receive spontaneous response.
Created on Jun 20th 2019 04:46. Viewed 652 times.