Quick Troubleshooting Instructions to Fix QuickBooks Error H505by John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
QuickBooks an accounting software used by millions of businesses worldwide, offers one of the best accounting and financing services. Without much pre-requisite training and knowledge, companies can easily take QuickBooks into use to manage their books, pay their bills, send invoices, and run payroll. However, like most of the software, there are chances that you may face some errors and bugs while using QuickBooks that hinders your workflow and create nuisances. In this post, we're going to look at one such error which is "QuickBooks Error H505," that may be occurring when you're trying to switch to multi-user mode and its solution.
What causes "QuickBooks Error H505"?
What should be done to fix "QuickBooks Error H505"?
- You need to open QuickBooks on those computers where the Error H505 is occurring.
- Rather than opening your company file, choose the File menu and hover over Utilities icon.
- Now, if there is an option that says Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, select it.
- if you see the Host Multi-User Access option, don't select it as it means this workstation computer isn't the one that is causing the error.
- Move on to the other workstation computers where the QuickBooks Error H505 is occurring and repeat all the steps mentioned above.
- Firstly, You need to open QuickBooks on your server computer (The one that hosts your company file).
- Select the File menu and hover over the Utilities icon.
- Now, if there is an option of Host Multi-User Access available, select it; otherwise, if you see the option of Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, don't select it.
Created on Mar 8th 2021 14:53. Viewed 64 times.