Quick Troubleshooting Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311by Justin Conner Accounting Helpline
No doubt QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software as it helps you manage your financial affairs. But sometimes it starts giving you errors because of some glitches and bugs in the application and in Windows operating systems. Today in this article we are going to discuss one of the common QuickBooks Desktop error that bothers a lot of QuickBooks users while using the Desktop app Error 1311. QuickBooks Error 1311 appears when you try to export a report on financial statement designer to Microsoft Excel. For detailed troubleshooting instructions follow the complete article until the end.
Need help trouble common QuickBooks Error! Call QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666
What is QuickBooks Error 1311
QuickBooks Error 1311 is an error that arises because of the incompatibility of Microsoft Office with QuickBooks and once a user encounters error 1311 an error message “Source file not found (filename). Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.” Appears on users screen. There are few troubleshooting methods that we can apply to resolve the error that we have listed further in the article.
Steps to Fix Error 1311
Step 1: Copy Installation Files from CD-ROM to Internal Storage
1. Insert the CD in to the CD Drive of your computer.
2. Open the disk and copy all the folders and files from it.
3. Create a new folder on your desktop and paste all the files into it.
4. Double click the setup file from the folder to start the installation.
5. If problem persists try replacing the CD.
Step 2: Update Microsoft Office
1. Visit the Microsoft official website and download the latest version of Microsoft Office.
2. We need the updated version as any version before 2000 is not supported by QuickBooks.
3. Install the latest version of Microsoft Office and try using the Financial Statement in Excel.
Step 3: Scan System using Command Prompt
1. Click the Start button and type Run.
2. Right click the Run option and select Run as Administrator.
3. Type scf / SCANNOW in the command box and press Enter.
4. Now type msiexec / unregin and hit Enter once the scan is completed.
5. Now type msiexec / regderver and press Enter.
6. Now once again try installing QuickBooks.
There are chances that you might face the same error after applying the solution to the error and in such cases we suggest users to seek help from certified QuickBooks experts at QuickBooks Support Number (844)-888-4666.
Created on Mar 26th 2019 17:32. Viewed 341 times.