QuickBooks Error PS038 occurs while updating the QuickBooks Payroll. This is a common error which can be faced by those users who are using the 2017 or older version of QuickBooks. The payroll error code PS038 also appears while sending the paychecks. In this post, we will discuss the main causes behind the Error PS038 and simple steps to fix the issue.
Causes behind the QuickBooks Error PS038
1.Payroll update are not installed completely
2.QuickBooks software is of an older version
3.Paycheck got stuck while sending it
4.Damaged files in hard drive
Still not sure who is the real culprit behind error PS038! call our experts at (844)-888-4666. to better understand the error causing reasons.
How to fix QuickBooks Error PS038?
The PS038 error may seem to be a huge trouble, but can be solved with simple steps. Here we've given a detailed guide to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038.
1. Go to the 'file' section and then click on 'Utilities'
2. Select the 'Rebuild Data' option and then click on 'OK'
>QuickBooks will ask you to create a backup of your file before rebuilding the data. Press the 'OK' button.
>Select the 'Backup Preferences' option to setup.
>After rebuilding the data, you have to verify your data.
>Go to 'File' menu and then select 'Utilities'
>click on 'Verify Data' option and then click 'OK'.
After following the steps mentioned above PS038 Error may get solved.
If QuickBooks PS038 Error still occurs after the "Rebuild"follow the next troubleshooting step.
1. Before following any steps, take the backup of your company data.
2. Go to 'Edit' ->File, now click on Advanced Tab,
3. Go to Filter Section -> Under Filter Selection, click on Detail Level, and click on summary only.
4. Follow the third step again and click on Online to Send option.
5. Select the Find option to look for the company Paychecks.
6. Now, take all the details of the paychecks
>Here, you can manage all your Payroll reports for all
>Send this data to Excel sheet and then save it.
7. Now, start with the first check from the list.
8. Locate it and open the paycheck.
9. Select the paycheck to see it's details
10.Enter the earning items - last earning items through review paychecks window.
11.You may receive a message displaying Net Pay Locked, select no and close the pop-up message.
12.If you have added any new earnings simply select the Rate field.
13.Confirm that Net Pay and the taxes did not get changed, save all the changes.
14.Select Yes, if you receive any Past transaction message.
15.To close paycheck, select Save & Close.
16.Open your paycheck once again.
17.Select Paycheck Details.
18.Remove all the earnings items that you had added in Earnings section.
19.Confirm that Net Pay and the Taxes didn't get changed then click 'OK' to save changes.
20.Click on Save & Close so that you can close the paycheck.
You need to repeat the same process with each & every paycheck, after getting done with it. Try to send Usage Data again. Doing this might solve your QuickBooks PS038 Error.