QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED TO CATERING COMPANIES DURING SELECTIONby Sarah Taylore Sydney Caters means Salt of the Earth Catering
A wedding is a grand event and something, where the reputation of the family as well as the event manager is at stake.
Therefore, they make sure that every step is taken very carefully and every arrangement made is totally free from any blemish.
With that in mind, they start looking out for the best catering companies Sydney, but there are so many of them to confuse those looking for them.
However, selection of the best one could be made possible with the help of the questions that should be asked to the shortlisted candidates and some of them can be found here in this post.
What Are Your Food & Beverage Minimums?
- This is an important question and a fact to know about this point is that it is not necessary for every company to offer F&B minimums.
- In case, you have no idea as to what is it, this is generally the lowest dollar amount that you will have to spend to use their catering services.
- Crucial things to note about food and beverage minimums
- Some catering services Sydney providers offer a lower F&B minimum on a Weekday, Friday or Sunday.
- At the same time, you need to be aware that despite being minimum, there are scopes of lowering it further and hence, bargaining option should be left open all the time.
Do you provide linens, napkins, glassware, and silverware?
- It is very important to ask this question to the shortlisted catering companies and if the answer is "YES", you need to ask as to how early in the day, they can set up the linens?
- This will actually help you know about the time when centre pieces can be set and in most catering companies Sydney, the team will work according to your time.
- The best thing is that they will pick them up and set them up for you so that we can get the centre pieces set up as well.
What is your server fee and how many servers would we have?
- One more very important question is regarding the number of serves to be sent for catering services because in the absence of prompt number of servers, the serving process would slow down.
- This will increase stress during the event and with this stress, there are again the chances of things not going the anticipated way.
- This is why it is said that the servers are a vital part of any well functioning wedding!
Other than these, there are several other very important questions that will help you pick one of the most reputed catering companies Sydney. Some of them are –
- What is the service charge and does any of that go to the server gratuity?
- What is the average cost per person?
- What are some of your favourite dishes?
- Do you have cake cutting fees?
- What do you do with leftover food?
- Will you set up a water station?
- Does bar service go through you?
- What are the bar options?
- How many bartenders will there be?
- Do we have to get desserts from you?
- Do you offer coffee & Tea? Table side or Station?
- How many events do you do in a night?
- Do you cook the food on-site or off-site?
Created on Oct 11th 2019 06:44. Viewed 157 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.