Purposeful and Low Cost Stomach Cancer Surgery in Indiaby Lisa Resnick India Cancer Surgery Site
Overview of Stomach Cancer
Stomach cancer is also known as Gastric cancer begins in the innermost layer of stomach wall i.e. mucosa and spreads through the outer layers as it grows. Stomach cancer begins, following mutation in DNA of a gastric cell which causes the cell to divide at a rapid rate and grow into a tumor.
The cancerous cells of the tumor can break away, invade and spread to other organs. The early or pre-cancerous changes rarely cause symptoms and therefore often go undetected until after it spreads to other parts of the body that makes the treatment difficult.
Initial signs and symptoms appear as:
• Lack of appetite or unexplained weight loss
• Feeling bloated after eating
• Fullness after eating food in a small amount
• Persistent heartburn and indigestion
• Persistent nausea and/or vomiting
• Abdominal pain
• Constipation or diarrhea
More serious symptoms may appear as stomach tumors grow, like:
• Severe pain in the stomach
• Blood in stool
• Weight loss without trying
• Difficulty in swallowing
• Yellowish eyes or skin
• Swelling in stomach
• Weakness and Fatigue
The most common type of stomach cancer
As far as the most common type of stomach cancer is concerned, about 90% to 95% of Stomach Cancers are Adenocarcinoma. These cancers develop from the cells that form the innermost lining of the stomach called mucosa.
Other stomach cancers can be:
• Lymphoma- cancers of immune system tissue
• Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST) - are found in the stomach
• Carcinoid Tumor- start in hormone-making cells of the stomach
• Other Rare Cancers - such as squamous cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, and leiomyosarcoma, can also start in the stomach
Treatment for stomach cancer
By and large, treatment of stomach cancers depends on the place and size of the tumor, stage of disease i.e. spread of cancerous cells and overall health condition of the patient. There are different types of treatment for patients with gastric cancer.
Treatment options for stomach cancers include:
• Surgery – performed with the aim of removing a tumor, a margin of nearby healthy tissue and lymph node.
• Endoscopic mucosal resection- a procedure that uses an endoscope to remove Early-Stage Cancer and Pre-Cancerous growths from the lining of the digestive tract
• Chemotherapy - uses drugs to stop the growth of cancer cells, either by killing cells or stopping their division.
• Radiation therapy - uses high-energy x-rays or other types of radiation to kill cancer cells or prevent their growth.
• Chemoradiation - combines chemotherapy and radiation therapy to potentiate the effects of both.
• Targeted therapy - uses drugs or other substances to identify and attack specific cancer cells without harming normal cells.
• Immunotherapy - uses a patient's immune system to fight cancer through substances produced by the body or supplemented from outside to boost or restore the body's natural defenses against cancer.
Which are the best stomach cancer hospitals in India?
• Apollo Indraprastha, New Delhi
• Max Super specialties Hospital, New Delhi
• BLK Hospital, New Delhi
• Lilavati Hospital Mumbai
• Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
• Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad
• Global Hospital, Chennai
• Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai
• Medanta, Gurgaon
• Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
How much does it cost?
Cost of stomach cancer treatment in India depends upon:
• Expertise of doctor
• Type of Hospital
• Type of stomach cancer and stage
• Diagnostic procedures
• Treatment procedure
• Concurrent treatment, if any
• Room category
• Duration stayed in the hospital
Stomach cancer treatment in India is quite affordable when compared to western and developed countries.
About India Cancer Surgery Site
India Cancer Surgery Site is an international medical company engaged in providing world-class cancer treatment in India at an affordable cost and promoting medical tourism for India. The company has tied up with most of the leading world-class hospitals in India, approved and accredited by the Joint Commission International, USA.
To get more information about Stomach Cancer treatment in India. You can call at +91 9371770341 Or also you can send your query at email@example.com
Created on Nov 7th 2019 02:11. Viewed 375 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.