Promoting Your Website Using Google Imagesby Imtiyaz Alam Mind Digital Group
A number of strategies exist for search engine optimization and among these strategies a strategy that you can manage easily and is mostly overlooked is image optimization. Let us have a look at the working of Google images:
· For extracting the images that are available in certain web pages, Google performs a crawling of these pages.
· After this an indexing of those images occur that have been crawled and these will be categorized as specific and general.
· Then as per the query of the searcher the best image will be returned by Google and this comes under ranking.
Now I am going to tell you how to promote your website using Google images.
1.In the images add right keywords – Associate right keywords with the images at the time of optimizing the images. This step will be completed in a number of parts:
· As per your keyword, you have to perform a naming of the image file.
· The name of the file will be used for deriving the meaning and Googlebot will perform this task.
· Even after getting the name of the image file, the task is not over. For completely optimizing the images you have to do a number of different things.
o Use alt attribute for incorporating the keyword.
o The caption and the title of the image also need to include the keyword.
2.In the image search by Google do image sizing – Correct sized images need to be used in the image optimization. Your page will not get a good value if it has small-sized images. One more important thing that you need to know is that the loading time of the page increases if the images are of a bigger size. Without using the sidebars, the content may be shown in a particular area and on the basis of this area’s width, the images’ optimal size is determined.
3.Use an XML sitemap for the images – The content’s sitemap is possible. Just like this, there is an images’ sitemap also. If you are interested in creating a sitemap for images then you can use the Yoast SEO plugin of WordPress. The image’s sitemap can automatically be created with the help of Yoast SEO. However, it is necessary to give information about the sitemap to Google. But how will you do this? The steps are as follows:
· Go to Google Search Console.
· On the left sidebar, click “Crawl”.
· Go to the dropdown menu and select “Sitemaps”.
· On the screen’s right side click “Add/Test Sitemap”.
4.Ensure yourself that a separate HTML page is not created by your image – At the time of uploading an image, an HTML page can be separately created by various CMSs. Go for disabling the option if your system faces a situation of this kind. When the images’ separate URL is created by a CMS then it is OK. But the image’s separate page need not be created by a CMS. The efforts of your optimization can get hurt with it.
5.In the image search by Google consider image metadata – Descriptive, administrative and technical are the image metadata types. At the time of optimizing the images, using descriptive metadata is right for you. Doing this is so simple especially for a WP user. At the time of editing the image, a sidebar on the right side of the description field will appear. In the description field, an informative text needs to be added. It is important that keywords are included in the text.If you are running an online business and you want to build a brand image and discover a target market then it will be good for you to take advice from a digital marketing expert.
Created on Jul 30th 2021 09:04. Viewed 179 times.