Procedure to add Bellsouth Email settings for Outlookby william smith password recovery forum
Bellsouth is a telecommunication company in America that has it’s headquarter in Atlanta, Georgia. It provides fast internet services, voice calling services, and many other services. It supports different operating system like Windows, IOS, Mac and many more. It is easy to add BellSouth email settings on iPhone and Outlook. Please follow the simple steps to add the email settings.
How to add Bellsouth Email settings for Outlook
Bellsouth is an American company that provides fast networking services to its users on the various operating systems that includes Windows and Mac. At the same time Outlook is also a very popular service that has a huge user base.
There are many users who want to amalgamate the Email settings of Bellsouth for Outlook and search for the process to perform this task.
Procedure to add Bellsouth Email settings for Outlook
Please follow the steps to add the Bellsouth email settings for Outlook –
- Go to the Outlook account. Now click on ‘File’ and then ‘Add Account’
- Choose the option ‘Manual configure server settings or additional server types’ and then ‘Next’. Tap next button. Please select yes when they will ask you the question ‘Would you like to configure an E-mail Account?’.
- Enter the name and Bellsouth email address.
- Now select ‘IMAP or POP’ and select ‘Next’.
- Type the Username and the Password.
- Select ‘More Settings’ and select ‘my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Choose the advanced tab and enter the Incoming server port number and outgoing server.
- Choose ‘SSL’ for ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’.
- Now select ‘OK’ and the ‘Next’. If the test passes, select ‘Finish’. Check all the settings.
These are the present settings provided by the BellSouth and subsequent to applying such changes you will get the services of the BellSouth without getting any interference. The rest of the settings stay the same and you simply need to change the Port Number. If you find any issue in Bellsouth Email settings, please contact to customer service. You can go to the help desk.
How to add Bellsouth E-mail Settings to the iPad or iPhone?
Bellsouth is the telecommunication company that dispenses the free web-mail services to the users who are accessing it by using any device.
The user can add the Bellsouth email account to the iPad or iPhone by using the process which is mentioned below.
The process of adding the Bellsouth email settings to iPad or iPhone
- Open the iPhone or iPad device’s home screen by pressing the Home Button of the device.
- Click on the icon of settings on the iPhone and select the Mails, Contacts and Calendars option.
- In the Accounts heading, select Add Account > Other > Add a mail account.
- Provide the iPhone device with the Bellsouth email login credentials (Accountholder name, email ID and Password) in the required field and tap on Next.
- Under Incoming Mail Server, enter the hostname as imap.mai.att.net, Username (email ID) and Password (Bellsouth password).
- In the outgoing mail server, enter the hostname as smtp.mai.att.net, Username (email address) and Password which is the Bellsouth password.
- Now the user needs to go to settings and select the Bellsouth account and click Advanced.
- Enter these details, Hostname, username and the password under the incoming settings.
- In the outgoing settings,
select and enter the details of the Hostname, username and the password.
In this settings process, the user is required to enter the Bellsouth password in the password field and add the email settings of the Bellsouth account in iPad/iPhone.
If the user is facing any issue in the process of adding the Bellsouth email settings to iPad or iPhone then he can contact the customer service of Bellsouth to obtain more information about this process.
Created on May 13th 2020 23:39. Viewed 265 times.