Pragati Scholarship- AICTE Scholarship Scheme For Girls Studentsby Souporno Ghosh Student
Pragati Scholarship / Contingency is awarded to meritorious girls
taking admission in AICTE approved Technical institution at Degree/
Diploma. Total 4000 scholarship are given @ Rs. 30000 as tuition fee
reimbursement and Rs. 20000 as incidentals each year.
Pragati is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process. This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”.
Salient Features of the Scheme:
Total Number of Scholarship-4000 per Annum ( 2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma)
1. The candidate should be admitted to 1styear of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year through Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government.
2. The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicant in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
3. Two Girls Child per family are eligible, who’s family income is not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
4. The selection of candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
5. Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/-or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/-per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year. In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/-for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/ Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam.6. Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant
Created on Dec 4th 2020 06:31. Viewed 116 times.