Places you must visit in Chennai for a memorable experienceby Manish Kumar Marketing Head
Chennai, the capital city of the state, Tamil Nadu isa bustling Indian city which is home to many sea beaches, British colonial architecture, newly developed markets, and some of the oldest temples in the world. With temples dotting the city’s skyline, the city is known to preserve India’s great religious architecture and has a completely unique way of life. In addition to that, there are some premium hotels in Chennai near airport and in other areas as well which offer absolute opulence and comfort.
The name Chennai is of Telugu origin. It was derived from the name of a Telugu ruler, Damarla Mudirasa Chennappa Nayakudu, father of Damarla Venkatapathy Nayak, a Nayak ruler who served as a general under Venkata III of the Vijayanagar Empire from whom the British acquired the town in 1639. Chennai has its own unique culture and traditions and is a habitat for numerous species of flora and fauna. The city provides amazing food places and tourist spots which are a complete package of fun and enthusiasm for all the tourists and travellers who wish to visit the city and stay at some of the best family hotels in Chennai with your family and friends. Most of the places in Chennai are an amalgamation of Tamil traditions and some adaptations and modifications of the British Empire that make the city, nothing less than extraordinary! And to add to your comfort, hotels in Chennai near airport and in other areas are the ultimate choice for your luxurious and relaxing vacation.
Best places to visit in Chennai
1. Kapaleeshwarar Temple- A famous religious spot, the Kapaleeshwarar Temple is among the most beautiful of the temples of Chennai. This temple is devoted to Lord Shiva.
2. Marina beach- This distinguished Marina Beach of Chennai is the largest beach in the Indian subcontinent and extends the great distance from Fort St. George to Besant Nagar. Most well-known for its astounding sun rises and fringing palms.
3. Fort St. George- Currently, the home the Legislative Assembly and Secretariat of Tamil Nadu, Fort St. George is among the most astounding buildings of Chennai boasting the British architecture.
4. Santhome Church- Sparkling white in structure and deeply rooted in faith, the San Thome Church of Chennai is among the best places to visit in Chennai. The architecture of the building instantly drifts you back to the colonial times with its tainted glass windows.
5. Elliot’s Beach- Nestled in the Besant Nagar area of the city, the Elliot’s Beach has now been renamed as the Besant Nagar beach.
6. Covelong Beach-Among the different beaches in and around Chennai, this is one beach which is most well-known for its beach activities. Other attractions close to the beach and some family hotels in Chennai make this place even more likely to visit.
7. Thousand Lights Mosque- Another architectural masterpiece falling among the religious places of Chennai is the Thousand Lights Mosque. The unique name that this place prides in has been bestowed to it owing to the 1000 oil lamps that light up the hall of the mosque.
8. Nettukappam- Another one of the famous beaches. It is a complete delight when visited with friends and family too.
9. Birla Planetarium- A planetarium is always a fun place to be. This place proves to be one of the famous tourist attractions of Chennai. Showcasing a number of shows, the place is a delight for young adults.
10. Dakshina chitra Museum- Being a part of South India, Chennai has its own distinct culture that is clearly visible in the art forms, the architecture and the basic character of the place.
11. MGR Film City- Found in the loving memory of the splendid Tamil actor and Chief Minister MG Ramachandran, the MGR film city came into being in the year 1994.
12. Arignar Anna Zoological Park- One of the best places to visit in the Chennai with kids, the Arignar Anna Zoological Park is quite fun for the nature lovers. The place has more than 1500 species of animals, and that is not even all of it. In addition, to the same, the place has a vivid aquarium and a splendid butterfly house too. Offering a number of the activities like the lion safari and elephant safari, the place is a must visit.
Hence, Chennai has diversity and offers a multitude of places which are worth visiting and for staying at hotels in Chennai near airport and other areas.
Created on Sep 13th 2021 23:03. Viewed 95 times.