Permanent Residence in Canada – Who is eligible and who is notby XIPHIAS IMMIGRATION migration executive
Who is a Permanent Resident?
Any person who is not a citizen of a country and is a legal resident of the country and who has his or her origin from a different country altogether is considered as a Legal Permanent Resident of the country. Such an individual would have gone through the right channels to move and work in the new country where he has procured legal residency status. Of the countries which offer Permanent Residency of their country, Canada is one of the most sought after one. Canada is accommodating and allows growth of the individual in any manner possible. To relocate to Canada it is best to work with immigration firms recognized to be the Best Consultancy for PR, Canada. Such Permanent Residents can live, work and study in Canada for definite number of period.
What benefits/rights do Permanent Residents in Canada hold? –
1. As Permanent Residents, the immigrants are eligible for Social benefits which include employment insurance benefits, workers’ compensation, income support, family benefits, public pensions, GST/HST credits, education among others.
2. The Permanent Resident can live, work and study in Canada indefinitely. They have the right to take up any work in any part of Canada.
3. Permanent Residents, after 5 years of living in Canada, qualify for citizenship of the country.
4. Permanent Residents get protection under Canadian law and Canadian charter of Rights and Freedoms
5. The permanent residents get equal opportunities as any other citizen of Canada to apply for better jobs and to grow up the corporate ladder
6. Once the Permanent Residents become Citizens, they can try and grow in the administrative positions of the country.
7. Canada is known for very few to no criminal activity in the country. Canada is usually a safe and sound country with very few people holding licensed weapons.
8. Canada is a place with many natural national parks and water bodies which offer an exquisite view. Canada is known for adventure sports and trekking. Living there allows people to access these places.
Who can apply for Canada Permanent Residency? –
Anybody who is a citizen of an approved country is eligible for Canada PR.
Such permanent residents should pay taxes and respect every law passed in Canada whether at federal or provincial or at municipal levels.
Permanent Residents are not citizens and hence they do not hold the right to vote.
How to become a Permanent Resident of Canada? –
Canada has defined around 70 programs to invite skilled and business immigrants into the country. Canada’s most sought after program is the Canada Skilled Migration which is specially designed to invite skilled foreign professionals in to the country.
Another important immigration program is the Provincial Nomination Program where in provinces decide who would be invited into the Canadian province. Canada’s provinces after having chosen the right individual for their province, would issue a certificate of nomination for the immigrant. With help of such a nomination, the immigrant can apply for permanent residency in Canada.
Canada has introduced a new way of filtering right profiles into the country and came up with Canada Express Entry System. Canada Express Entry system is a method by which individuals who intend to relocate to Canada will be filtered and shortlisted for further processing. There is Express Entry Portal into which aspiring immigrants create their profile. Into this profile, immigrants will submit their Expression of Interest along with supporting documents. Such profiles based on the documents and the information provided will be ranked. The profiles with the top ranks will be considered for further evaluation.
Relocating to any other country is a huge task. It is filled with stress and marred with confusion. To ease the situation one is in, it is better to work with ICCRC accredited immigration consultancy firms.
Created on Aug 6th 2020 02:05. Viewed 202 times.