Office Setup has gone safer with Data loss prevention on Office 365by Bailey Martin SEO Expert
Data loss is a serious issue regardless of its file format whether it is a media file or contextual data. Although the technology is getting intelligent day-by-day, the risk of data loss is also increasing rapidity. Microsoft Office setup, being an important part of work life is, however, offering various features to represent data in a much-sorted manner, is also exposed to data loss problems.
For the users who are subscribed to Office 365 and have activated their product with Office setup product key can secure their data by implementing data loss prevention steps. Check your account by logging in on www.office.com/setup to do required changes in order to secure your online data.
If you have created or modified data loss prevention (DLP) policy in MS Exchange Online Protection in Office 365 policy, it will notify you whenever you create a message or email in Microsoft Outlook 2013 or further version. In case, you are facing any policy error with your Office setup, follow the steps to resolve the problem.
Note: The given instructions are an example of Office 2013.
Are you facing problems with Data Loss Prevention policy?
- Office apps, considering Outlook 2013, the privacy problems occur when the set up does not permit to use policy tips
- The policy tips of DLP policy is not enabled
How to troubleshoot data loss prevention policy in Exchange online protection if Office 365?
Please note that the policy tips are enabled in Office outlook 2013. In case the setting is not done as required then perform the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Outlook 2013 and click on the file tab at the top-left corner of the window
- Click on the options and then go to Mail
- In the MailTips sections, click MailTips options
- You will be prompted to next where you will see the ‘Select MailTips to be displayed selections’ dialogue, select the option of Policy tip notification and this will turn on the notification settings
- Save the settings by click on OK twice and this will end the process
- Once done, restart Outlook 2013
If the DPL policy tips are not enabled:
- Go to the Exchange Online Protection and then select DLP policy
- Click on Properties
- You will have two options as follows:
- Test DLP policy either Policy Tips
- Choose a mode for the requirements in the DPL policy
- Turn on or select the option to enable tips
If you are still facing any error related to data loss prevention of Office setup, get in touch with Office Customer support.
Source : http://office.coms-setup.com/data-loss-prevention-on-office-365/
Created on Mar 16th 2018 23:56. Viewed 617 times.