Norton live update not working 1-888-576-1584
by selena B. worker
What To Do If Norton LiveUpdate Not Working
Norton LiveUpdate is a gift from Symantec Corporation for worldwide Internet users that helps them stay protected from a plethora of online threats via providing them with excellent security measures. This software program downloads and installs lots of security updates. Take, for instance, antivirus signature files, spyware, and firewall. However, sometimes, when you try to run the LiveUpdate manually, you might get a message reading Error: (8920, 223) Norton LiveUpdate was unable to install an update. Such situation immediately indicates the need of expert help on the matter to resolve it as soon as possible.
So, Norton LiveUpdate not working issue can affect multiple products be it Norton 360, Norton Internet security, Norton antivirus for Mac, Norton Antivirus, or Norton Internet Security for Mac. This means that the problem can arise with any of above mentioned products that you might be using at a time. There could be multiple reasons behind this issue. Some of them are listed as follows:
1. Due to the LiveUpdate server down issue
2. Due to the virus present in a user’s computer that is blocking the program
3. Due to a failed attempt at running the LiveUpdate manually
Whatever be the reason, you can either fix the issue yourself via following the below instructions or seeking live tech assistance from the third-party technical support service provider.
1. Open https://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95
2. Find the latest version of Antivirus signatures
3. Download a file that supports your version of Windows
4. Save the program to the desktop
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the software
Even after following the above instructions to fix the problem, you continue to see that Norton LiveUpdate not working, call the third party service provider to get immediate help from a certified technician. You can use their toll-free number to get in touch with the technician at any point of time in a day.
Created on Nov 28th 2018 05:21. Viewed 341 times.