Norton Antivirus Customer Support Numberby Nancy Smith Best Steps for the best solutions
Norton Antivirus is an industry-leading antivirus that is user friendly and feature-rich antivirus software that endows with the data security and data confidentiality for the data saved. It saves the user from counterfeit attacks and malicious attacks by providing multiple layers of protection. It is compatible with working with every device.
There are times when the user encounters a few issues with the Norton Antivirus where the person encounters interruptions in using the Antivirus appropriately. Let us take a look at the list of a few issues that are encountered by the users.
Common issues encountered with Norton Antivirus:
- Norton Antivirus unable to open or scan
- Incomplete setup of Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus is not working
- Damaged or corrupted files
- Erroneously deleted files associated with the program
- Insufficiennt permissions.
These are a few issues that are commonly encountered. The most seen error is that the Norton Antivirus is Not Responding or Working. If you are experiencing such an issue then try fixing it using the below-mentioned fixes.
Few fixes when Norton is not responding and working on Mac
Method 1: Check the live updates
Ø Turn on your Norton Antivirus
Ø Click on the applications from the settings button.
Ø Double click on the Norton Antivirus Security
Ø Go for the live updates
Ø Exit the program.
Method 2: Update the Norton Antivirus
Ø Restart the Mac update the virus for the Norton Antivirus on the Mac.
Ø Double click to download
Ø Follow the on-screen instructions
Ø Move to the next procedure.
Method 3: Uninstall and Re-install the Norton Antivirus
You can easily uninstall and install the Norton Antivirus software to resolve the issue within a short period. Follow the subsequent steps and get the fresh version installed on your Mac
Step 1: Restart your computer
1. Exit all the open applications.
2. Restart your Mac.
After restarting your Mac, if the issue persists, move to Step 2 to uninstall Norton using the RemoveNortonMacFiles tool and then reinstall it.
Step2: Download and run RemoveNortonMacFiles as an administrator
1. Download the RemovenortonFiles.zip file.
2. Click the icon in the Dock.
3. In the Finder window, click in the left pane under Favorites.
4. Perform one of the following:
Ø If you downloaded the file using the Safari browser, open the folder.
Ø If you downloaded the file using the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers, double-click the file to expand it, and then open the folder.
5. In the RemoveNortonMacFiles folder, control-click the file,
6. Click “
7. Select .
8. Perform one of the following:
Ø If you have not uninstalled the Norton application on your macOS, a message appears in the Terminal window that prompts to drag and drop Norton from the Applications folder to Trash. Go to step 7.
9. In the Terminal window, press to open the Applications folder in Finder.
10. In the Applications folder, select the Norton application and then drag and drop it to the .
11. When you see a prompt, type your administrator account password.
12. Click .
13. In the Norton installer window, click .
14. When the Norton uninstall finishes, run the RemoveNortonMacFiles.command file in Terminal again.
15. In the Terminal window, type your administrator password, and then press .
16. To remove all Norton files and folders, type .
17. If you want to quit RemoveNortonMacFiles without removing any files, type .
18. Press .
19. RemoveNortonMacFiles tool removes all of the Norton files.
20. When the RemoveNortonMacFiles tool finishes removing the Norton files, in the Terminal window, type .
21. Press to restart your Mac.
22. Before you press return, make sure that you save your work in other open applications.
Step 3: Install Norton
Created on Apr 22nd 2021 06:46. Viewed 386 times.