New Age Trends Likely To Influence Fashion 2020by Akash Mishra web designer
Today the perception and outlook of men has changed radically. The ones embracing new trends of fashion are not the stereotype bankers or lawyers; they are also romantic lovers, sensualists, elegant, languid and lovely yet have escapist tendencies. Thus fashion today means different things to these different people. Hence mens clothing brands need to take this wide spectrum of men into account for they are also going to be among the buyers who visit their stores, either online or offline.
The trends evident from the vibes coming from the different fashion houses clearly looks set to change the perception of masculinity. It is thus the start of a new decade of men’s fashion which looks set to showcase themes based on:
· Soft suiting,
· Forgiving silhouettes,
· Gentle colour palettes,
· Carefree gender bending,
· Sex appeal and of course sensuality.
In short men’s fashion today tackles subjects like liberation and couture for a multicultural consumer base which is globally located. The new rules of the game of men’s fashion for the upcoming spring 2020 can thus be perceived to be:
· Soft suiting shades: Reflecting the sweetly genteel mood of the spring, men’s clothing is set to be even more roomy and available in macaroon colours like the lemon, cerulean and lilac. In fact the traditionally popular pinstripes, blacks and greys have become passé with slashed suiting and reflective layers appearing both elegant and radiant.
· Midlayer garment with a difference: This year also saw the emergence of the mid-layer garment in the form of the tunics and the elongated tops which the fashion houses dared to bring to the fore. Thus these thigh-skimming shirts, kaftans and knits will continue in to the coming year thereby breaking down the traditional silhouettes of men’s fashion and offering a much more peerless and genderless garment.
· The lover boy look: Lush florals, plunging ruffles tops, super-slim suiting, silk shirts and meaningful graphics look set to rule the day at every fashion extravaganza that the spring of 2020 is set to experience. Fashion of the 70s which was the era of rock and roll is set to make a comeback and create quite an impact on menswear collection with this new spring siren song.
· Dyed patterns: Tie dye and swirling patterns have an evergreen appeal which has not got diminished over the years gone by. In fact so popular is their demand that it looks set to rule the men’s fashion world for a good more years to come. Thus acid washed and paint splattered denims, silk, cotton and even leather pieces, though following the tie and dye patterns incorporate a world of difference. These patterns are much more artful with a cerebral bent. While they may seem mature or look very grown-up, they most certainly seem sleek and elegant.
· Inspired by the sea: The fashion scenario of 2019 saw the countryside emerge as the influencing factor but for the year 2020, it is slated to be the seaside. Thus men’s clothing will get influenced by the palette of blue hues as found in the ocean. Boxy sailor tops, cropped shorts and nautical stripes in various hues of blue are set to rule the ramp and make mens fashion clothing seem almost idyllic and escapist.
History will once again come to the aid of fashion. Camp aesthetics and gender bending will inspire a fashion which will be also be gender neutral. Thus there will be incorporation of corsets, the frock coat, panniers and codpieces are all set to usher in an era of gender fluidity thereby enabling people to express who they actually are, though the medium of fashion.
Created on Aug 26th 2019 07:15. Viewed 226 times.