MUST-HAVE SAFETY FEATURES OF SWIMMING POOL FENCINGby Mark W. Glass Fencing Sydney
As far as swimming pool fencing Sydney is concerned, in Australia, it is mandatory to get it installed around the poolside.
Along with this, the authorities have set different rules regarding the entire structure and this means that you cannot go as per your wishes or desires.
In this post, we have come up with some important information that you need to have while getting this installation done and also some safety tips that have been listed below.
- Make sure all latches are secure and working
- The above gate has a self latching lock
- Make sure all hinges are tight and the bolts are not too tight
- Make sure that all mesh is tied tight and there are no holes or gaps
- Remove anything that can be used as a step or a tool to get over the fence
- Make sure that no space at the bottom is greater than 3”
- The pool has isolation fencing where possible
- Automatic closing devices and latches are checked and working
- Make sure that your gate cannot be operated or opened by a young child
Some Requirements That Your Swimming Pool Fencing Should Fulfill:
Make Sure Your Pool Gate Self-Latches:
- According to the rules, irrespective of what kind of fencing you have done, the gate present it is should be self-latching.
- This means that even if it is left open, it shuts down on its own to diminish the risk of any kind entering into the risk zone an become a victim.
- If you have wooden fence, you need to understand that wood warps and stretches on its own depending upon the season and therefore, latching properties might get affected.
- In such cases, little adjustments would be needed, but if the situation grows worse, you might have to call in the experts for necessary repair work.
NOTE – To make them align well, give the screws a good tightening and spray with lubricant once per year.
Make Sure Your Pool Gate Self-Closes
- This is yet an important safety feature and for this, merely a spring would be needed.
- Some people believe that this facility is available only in high-end version, but remember that it’s a safety feature that should be present in all kinds of swimming pool fencing Sydney.
- According to the experts, the best result could be achieved by an 8 – 12 inch spring that is strong enough to pull the gate.
Keep All Items Away From the Pool Fence
- Several minor actions can compromise with the safety and one of them is placing things around the swimming pool fencing Sydney such as parking a boat or leaning your ladder up against the fence.
- Surely, kids will use them to cross this hurdle called swimming pool fencing Sydney and if this happens in your absence, it could be a troublesome thing.
- This rule is especially important for above-ground pool owners because toddles will take no time in figuring out how to use this prop in their mission of reaching the pool.
Created on Oct 12th 2019 01:27. Viewed 273 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.