Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error H202by Linda Martin Professional Consultant
QuickBooks Error H202 appears when the workstation is unable to communicate with Company File. Moreover, it restricts you from opening the company file.
So, before discussing the different methods to fix “Error Code H202” it is important to know what are the factors that lead to this issue. Let’s get started!
What Causes QuickBooks H202 Error?
- Incorrect QuickBooks file hosting configuration or settings can lead to QuickBooks H202 error.
- The security software or Firewall is blocking QuickBooks communication.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not able to reach the Host Computer.
- Any conflicts between QuickBooks Database Server Manager and DNS Server also results in QuickBooks Error Code H202.
- Damaged QuickBooks components.
- Unavailable “QuickBooks Error Code H202” port.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202?
- First of all, open QuickBooks on all the systems.
- Now, go to the File menu and choose Utilities, then switch on hosting.
- Click on Windows option and type “This PC” on QuickBooks Host Computer.
- Next, double-click on Network to check that all the networks are visible.
- Ping all the systems from QuickBooks Host / Server computer.
- Ping command syntax: ping [Computer Name] and hit Enter.
- You can download and run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- After that, you need to scan the QuickBooks Company file folder.
- Allow the ports having Open Ports Button in the Firewall Status section.
- Follow the prompts until the process is complete.
- Now, access the file from the system having Error Code H202.
- The windows host file is situated (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc)
- Navigate to the location of the windows host file.
- Now, right-click on windows file and choose open with an option, then select notepad.
- Scroll down to the end and type server’s IP Address.
- Next, press Tab key and then type QuickBooks Server Name.
- Finally, save the changes and close the notepad.
- First of all, you need to make a new folder for keeping the company file.
- Now, copy the company and .TLG file then pastes it to the new folder.
- After the, try to open the file in a multi-user mode.
- If you still face Error H202 while opening the file, follow the next solution.
- Firstly, press Windows+R together from your keyboard and type ‘MSc’.
- After that, choose the Services icon.
- Now, you have to choose QuickBooksDBxx from the list of services.
- Double-click on QuickBooksDBxx services and then select Stop to disable the service.
- Choose Automatic for service start option.
- Lastly, open the file from QuickBooks to see if the problem still exists.
- Close QuickBooks and open company file folder on the server computer.
- Find and choose .TLG file linked with your QB File having ‘Error H202’.
- Now, right-click on .TLG file and choose Rename.
- The, you have to add OLD as prefix and follow the same for .ND file.
- .ND and .TLG files will be automatically created.
Although, these solutions will help you resolve Error H202 on your own. If you need any technical assistance, get in touch with our ProAdvisor. Give us a call at QuickBooks ProAdvisor Help Number for immediate assistance.
Created on May 14th 2019 08:29. Viewed 452 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.