Meaning of MPV in the blood testby Robert Fisher awesome
Some of the important meanings are associated if the results of the test are not normal. Those conditions are as follows.
Actually, there is a range that shows the normal value of platelets. In adults, the range is from 7.2 – 11.8 FL and it varies from each clinical laboratory. This is because a different type of machinery is used in every laboratory so their count may be different. So, the range makes it easy to analyze the results. If the difference in the range is more, it may show the risk of heart failure or cardiovascular problems.
The main function performed by platelets in blood is the clogging of blood when a person suffers from any injury. If the size of these platelets is too high as compared to the normal once, this will result in acute coronary syndrome. If the detection of largely sized platelets is made at the right time, all the risks can be decreased. Some of the things associated with this include hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and smoking. So, it should be controlled as soon as possible with the help of these controlling factors.
If the MPV blood test shows that the number of platelets is less than the normal average, this is an indication of some other problems. The bleeding time of the patient in increased because the blood loses the ability to clog and the excessive blood loss leads towards coagulation disorder. However, in some cases, even the low MPV value is considered as normal because of certain reasons. Such as in women during the menstrual cycle, they show a low number of platelets. Moreover, neonate also shows low MPV value and it is also considered to be a normal condition. There are many other disorders associated with the low MPV and most of them are as follows.
· Viral infections or HIV have a close association with the decrease in platelets. So, immediately these tests should also be performed.
· Some of the drugs such as heparin and anticoagulant therapy are the reason behind the decrease in MPV.
· The spleen may be over active sometimes and this also shows the number of platelets as low.
· Some people have Aplastic anemia and this has a close influence on the platelets synthesis.
· Some close results of low MPV blood test are the extreme blood hemorrhage and the delay in process of coagulation.
Created on Sep 7th 2017 08:22. Viewed 322 times.