Make Massage Therapy a Professionby Kevin Smith Author
Most of us at one time or another have been treated to a massage. Perhaps it was just someone rubbing the ache in your neck, or it was a full-blown hot stone massage at a resort. However it happened, the effect was the same. Your cares disappeared for a little while, and your aches and pains melted away under the experienced hands of the therapist. Massage therapy technicians are in growing demand right now, and there are some companies who will offer to pay your tuition if you become a certified therapist. If you are searching for a new career, consider massage therapy, a profession that is set to explode by 22 percent by 2024. You'll be in demand the moment you obtain certification if you select the best massage therapy school in Cromwell, CT.
What to Look for in a School
- You want to obtain instruction in a broad spectrum of massage methods, from time-honored traditional approaches to the latest trends.
- You want your course instructors to have years of practical experience to be best able to provide you with real world experience which will boost your tools and confidence.
- Since every person learns differently, the courses should be adaptable to your style of learning rather than being cookie-cutter.
- They should offer a client-centric approach which will teach you how to cater to the client.
- Learning by doing is the most time-honored approach to massage. You'll give and receive massages as you learn various techniques.
- The school should offer free liability insurance, licensing and testing fees paid for, and automatic student membership in the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP) organization, the largest massage therapy association in the United States.
- There should be a wide range of financing options, including full or partial tuition reimbursement by a list of employers who will hire you upon completion of your course of study.
- At the completion of your course study, you should be prepared to complete the Massage and Bodywork exam, necessary for certification and licensing.
- The school should also provide you with access to the employer data bank, in order to aid you in choosing your work setting as you step right into a job upon graduation.
- The school should be held to the highest national standards, and be a member of the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA).
These are a few benchmarks that will be offered by the best massage therapy school in Cromwell, CT.
Created on Apr 20th 2020 05:44. Viewed 161 times.