Maintaining Cummins Diesel Generator Setby Generator D. Diesel Generator
1. Cleaning cooling system
The cooling system must be cleaned in order to make it work properly. The scale in the system reduces the heat it absorbs from the water jacket and releases to the radiator using clean water to avoid blocking the radiator and hundreds of tiny waterways in the cylinder block. For radiator cores, heater cores, oil coolers and waterways in cylinder blocks blocked by scale and sediment, chemical cleaning agents are used to wash, neutralize and flush.Maintaining Cummins diesel generator set in Autumn:
In order to ensure the cooling system to work effectively, the DCA water filter is used to prevent rust and scale formation. If DCA is used, the cooling system must be chemically cleaned. Use a good cooling system cleaner, such as sodium bisulfate or oxalic acid, then neutralize and rinse.
Flush radiators and cylinder blocks before adding antifreeze, or install water filters on used or overhauled engines.
When flushing the radiator under pressure, open the upper and lower hose joints and tighten the radiator cap. The use of hose connections on the upper and lower water pipe joints can facilitate the operation. Connect the gun nozzle to the water pipe to fill the radiator. Then step by step increase the air pressure so as not to crack the radiator core. Stop the air intake, let the radiator fill up again, then add the pressure, so repeatedly, until the water out of the radiator becomes clear.
Be careful not to use excessive air pressure when starting to drain water, so as not to crack the radiator core.
Sediment and dirt, in addition to deposition in the radiator core, but also in the tank pit of the cylinder block. Remove the thermostat and flush the cylinder block with water. Close the bottom outlet until the cylinder is filled with water and apply air pressure to force the water to flow out from the bottom outlet.
Cummins generator set coolant requirements:
A. Use water filter or add DCA dry powder as required to prevent corrosion, cavitation and scaling of the cooling system.
B. Check the seal of the water tank pressure cap and the leakage of cooling system to ensure that the boiling point of the coolant is not lowered and the cooling system is normal.
2. Check hose connections for oil filters and cooling systems for leakage and damage. Debris from damaged hoses entering the cooling system or lubricating system will limit or even block small waterways and oil coolers of radiator cores and partially stop circulation, so replace them if necessary.
3. Switches for automatic shutters and automatic fans should be adjusted to the temperature range of the thermostat switch used. Automatic shutters and automatic fans in general use, and thermostats with adjustment range of .821291 ℃ are only closed at 86 ℃, while automatic shutters open at 91 ℃ work together.
4. Remove the thermostat from the thermostat shell and check its switch temperature. Most Cummins engines are equipped with 77'85 ℃ medium temperature and 71'79 ℃ low temperature thermostats, and in a few cases 8291 ℃ high temperature thermostats due to engine use.
Maintaining Cummins diesel generator set in Spring：
1. Use steam to clean the engine
Steam cleaning is the most effective way to clean dirty engines or equipment. If there is no steam, use the prescribed solvent to clean the engine. Avoid the impact of the full force of the flushing nozzle, to protect all electrical components and wires.
2. Fasten mounting bolts and nuts
Engine mounting bolts are occasionally loosened so that engine hangers and supports wear out quickly. Tighten all mounting bolts and nuts, damaged replacement, missing replacement.
3. Fastening turbocharger mounting nut
Tighten all supercharger mounting bolts and nuts and make sure they are really tight. Tight mounting bolts and supports minimize vibration.
4. Check the installation of fans and pulleys
Check if the fan is firmly installed, tighten the fastening bolt when necessary. Check if the fan is swaying or the blade is bent. Check if the fan hub and crankshaft belt are securely installed. Check if the fan hub pulley is loose and swaying. Remove the fan separator to tighten the shaft nut if necessary. Tighten the fan support bolt.
5. Check the crankshaft end gap
The crankshaft end clearance of the new or overhauled engine shall comply with the relevant regulations. A worn engine whose end gap exceeds the wear limit cannot be used. If the engine is taken apart for repair, a new thrust ring is fitted.
The way to check the end gap is to have an end gap when the engine is installed with a transmission or torsion when the end face of the dial damper or leather wheel is installed on the generator set.
6. Check the zinc plug of heat exchanger
Check the zinc plug of the heat exchanger and replace it if it is seriously corroded. The frequency of replacement depends on the chemical reaction of the circulating raw water in the heat exchanger.
Created on Nov 28th 2018 02:57. Viewed 288 times.