Leh Ladakh Road Trip – Detailed Travel Guide for Beginnersby Nisha Parmar SEO Executive
The ultimate trip of the season is here. Leh Ladakh trip is one of the highly ranked journeys on the earth. Journey to Leh Ladakh are filled with vibrant abbeys, narrow roadways with high curves, the most scenic snow topped Himalayan variety and Karakoram Range of mountains, and many other surreal areas.
For more information on Leh Ladakh tours contact Swan Tours one of the leading travel agents in India.
Apart from providing such sensational views of environments, these journeys also challenge you physically and psychologically through the rugged surfaces and somewhat unforeseeable weather conditions. Thus, here is our effort to provide you a total travel guide on the well-known Leh Ladakh trip.
Leh Ladakh Road Trip- Overview
There are two various routes that reach us to Leh. One from Srinagar and the other one from Manali. Manali is the preferred path for a Bike trip to Leh Ladakh as it is just a day's drive from city and is likewise supplies an extremely thrilling ride over the gorgeous and hazardous roadways, along the greatest motor able passes in the world. Nevertheless, if time is on your side, complete trip to Leh Ladakh following the path Srinagar-Leh-Manali is a when in a life time experience. Manali to Leh journey is around 476 kms and Srinagar to Leh road journey is around 434 kms.
Best Time to Visit Leh Ladakh
Finest Time to Visit Leh Ladakh through roadway journey is from Mid-May to October. Roads from Srinagar are open from Mid-May. But, Rohtang pass in Manali-Leh route is open just after May as the roads would be slippery till then. Bike trips to Leh-Ladakh begin as quickly as the roads are open. The roads stay open till November. Only throughout summer season and fall seasons, one can go through roadway to Leh-Ladakh. From November to April, one can reach Leh just through respiratory tract. Flights are available to Leh from Srinagar and Delhi. While traveling through Manali-Leh route, start early to reach Rohtang Pass to prevent getting stuck in traffic.
Camping Spots in Leh-Ladakh Road Trip
Camping areas in Manali-Leh path are readily available at Tandi, Jispa, Keylong, Sarchu and Pang. Camping spots in Srinagar-Leh route are readily available at Drass, Kargil, Shargol, Tingmosgang and Sham Valley
Eateries Locations in Leh-Ladakh Road Trip
Restaurants are readily available at Marhi, Sissu, Keylong, Sarchu, Jispa and Pang in Manali-- Leh route. In Srinagar-Leh route dining establishments are offered at Songamard, Drass, Kargil, Mulbekh and Lamayuru
Things to Carry for Leh-Ladakh Road Trip
Always use waterproof rucksacks to pack your things. Here are some essentials that you require to carry for the Leh Ladakh journey
Clothes and Footwear
· Wear heavy gumboot shoes which are useful for travelling and hiking. If possible, have an additional pair as well
· 2- 4 pairs of woollen socks, handy for bike riders in those a little unpredictable climatic conditions and rough surfaces
· Pack appropriate variety of woollen clothing like coats, sweatshirts, shawls, comforters, gloves, etc. Use the clothing in layers
· Carry a rain coats to survive the unexpected showers of rain/snow
Medical Supplies and Toiletry
· Carry sunscreen creams (SPF 40+), moisturizers and lip balm
· Pain relieving sprays (volini) and inhaler. Headache tablets (prescribed by medical professional).
· Re-hydration liquids like Gatorade.
· Always bring adequate quantity of water and always be hydrated.
· Hat and scarf.
· Sunglasses with UV defense.
· Multi tool knife and large plastic bags to keep items dry in case of rain throughout treks.
Electronic Devices and Accessories
· A good quality electronic camera is advised for Leh Ladakh trip to capture the magnificent views of environments which are for sure memories of life time. Bring charged batteries and charger.
· Carry mobile battery charger and power bank. Batteries have the tendency to loser their charge rapidly at greater elevations.
· Beginners who never experienced high altitude areas are recommended to carry the portable oxygen cylinders which last for couple of minutes which are offered in chemist's shops in your cities. Purchase them at your residing locations itself, as there is possibility of them being out of stock in Manali due to demand-supply space in season time.
· Carry sufficient cash at any time, as the ATMs are mainly out of order during season time.
· Self-Driving Info for Leh-Ladakh Road Trip.
· In case of journey to Leh- Ladakh through cars, just high ground clearance automobiles like SUV or MUV are preferred.
· Get your automobile properly serviced prior to trip. It readies to understand few quick and simple repairs, so that you are less dependent on mechanic shops which are few.
· Carry extra tyres and mechanical tool kit as you will be travelling through rugged terrain.
· Drive safe. Do not attempt to hurry through risky areas of the roads like rough road, landslides, water crossing and so on
· Always start your trips for the day early in the early morning to avoid traffic and to not to miss the amazing views.
· Petrol Pumps are available at extremely few places in the whole 900 kms stretch (Manali-- Leh-- Srinagar) of Leh-Ladakh road trip. You can find them at Manali, Tandi, Upshi, Leh, Kargil and Srinagar.
· Carry at least 2 extra fuel cans which are completely filled. 360 kms stretch from Tandi to Upshi in Manali-- Leh Road trip does not have any fuel pumps.
Manali-Leh Route: Manali and Keylong.
Srinagar-Leh Route: Srinagar and Kargil.
· 4- Wheeled Vehicles which aren't registered from HP require license to clear the Manali- Rohtang Pass path. This authorization is issued at sub-divisional magistrate workplace, Manali.
· Office is open from Monday to Saturday in between 10 AM to 5 PM.
Health Precautions That Are to Be Taken During Leh- Ladakh Road Trip
One of the most typical illness observed in the first-timers is Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). As one ascends these mountain varies, the minimized oxygen levels and air pressure which one may not be habituated to, will cause AMS which has several symptoms that cause excellent hassle to entire journey. Symptoms of AMS are headache, throwing up, sleeping trouble, and dizziness, shortness of breath, fast heart rate and insufficient urine production. In serious cases, colour of skin turns blue, coughs up blood, chest blockage and cannot stroll in a straight line.
Avoiding Acute Mountain Sickness in Leh- Ladakh Road Trip
· Drink lots of fluids and remain hydrated.
· Eat frequently and eat light. Bring chocolate bars, chewing gums and have them routinely in the journey to avoid fatigue.
· Strictly prevent consumption of alcohol.
· Have garlic to increase oxygen capacity. Take ginger water.
· Try to sleep at lower elevations.
· Ascend the mountain slowly.
Inner Line Permits for Travelers
Indian tourists do not need any authorizations to go to places around Leh. One should bring a proper ID evidence to prevent limitations. However, foreign travellers have to get to authorizations to visit few of these inner line locations like Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso and so on. Licenses can be acquired from registered travel bureau in Leh or from District Collect orate (DC) Office in Leh. Workplace timings are from 10 AM to 5 PM.
Leh Ladakh- Land of Festivals
Ladakh comes alive throughout celebrations; every abbey in Ladakh has an annual celebration it is well-known for. The highlights of these celebrations are the dance-dramas enacted by Lamas putting on colourful bathrobes and fearsome masks representing various Buddhist deities.
There are cultural festivals too. Summer archery festivals are held in many villages as per regional customs. The 15-day Ladakh celebration (1-15 September) is a major event sponsored by J&K Government to showcase rich cultural heritage of Ladakh.
Other Places to Visit from Leh-Ladakh
Apart from the 2 main paths which link the outdoors world to Leh, to make the Leh- Ladakh trip complete there are few locations around Leh Ladakh that a person should go to throughout their journey to Leh Ladakh. If you do not have enough time and yet you desire to experience the charm of Leh and awesomeness in a bike or roadway journey in Leh. A brief duration roadway journey in Leh can meet your thirst.
For more information on Leh Ladakh tour packages visit - http://www.swantour.com/leh-ladakh-tours/
Created on Apr 24th 2018 05:45. Viewed 510 times.