Knowing Your Echo Gadgetby kapil Mehta # Guest Blogger
Most of us are already
aware of the Echo devices and their functionalities. However, there are certain
things that can still make you feel surprised. We have included all such things
in this article. So if you're thinking of purchasing an Echo gadget or just
wish to know what she's capable of, this article is for you!
Let's start with the basic introduction for the novice users and then we will discuss the most common Alexa queries. Further, wrapping the things up, you will be make aware of certain troubleshooting tips for the most irritating Amazon Echo issue – i.e. unable to connect to the Wi-Fi.
You may be
wondering: What is this Alexa Echo or Amazon voice device?
Alexa Gadgets is a new category of connected products that improves voice interactions with devices compatible with Amazon Echo.
Common Alexa Queries
What other devices interact with Alexa?
There are plenty of
devices that can interact with Alexa such as the Amazon Echo, Google Home,
certain Android or iOS devices, Bluetooth speaker, smart Thermostats, smart
lights such as Philips Hue lights and much more.
What can amazon echo do:
· Set cooking modes and temperatures using the smart oven.
· Adjust the room temperatures.
· Turn off / on the smart lights.
· And everything related to the (Home Connect activity)
· Play Music.
· Read you stories.
· Online Shopping.
· Provides you real-time traffic status and weather forecast.
And this list is getting bigger each day with the latest Amazon Alexa Skills.
How to change the language of Alexa?
Now, your favorite assistant not only has the ability to speak in English, but also in other popular languages. Yes it's true!
So, if you wish to listen to Alexa in your native language or practice an another foreign language (that you are learning) with her, this is the best option that you could use. For this, you need to change the language under the settings of the Amazon Alexa application or Alexa.Amazon.com. (Given below are the detailed steps.)
1. Open the Alexa application
Grab the device you use for Alexa settings, it can be your smartphone or tablet. Touch the icon of the Alexa application to open the application. Then, go ahead and click on the Settings icon. Keep waiting until the list of connected devices is loaded on the screen and then choose the device on which you want to change the Alexa language.
2. Select the language
Once you have chosen the device you want to configure, scroll down until you see “Language” and then tap that word. Here you will see a drop-down box with a list of different language options. Until now, the available languages are: United States, Canada, India, Australia, United Kingdom, Spanish.
When you have chosen one, click Save changes. Now you can ask hundreds of questions to Alexa, to delight yourself with her responses in the chosen language. Surely it will seem that you're in a conversation with another person.
Note : It is important to consider that when you select a new language for your Amazon Echo, all the text(options in the Alexa app) also changes. However, the user's guide and the content downloaded to your Kindle will stay in the original language.
Alexa Troubleshooting Tips for Wi-Fi Issues
Finally, let is guide you with some effective troubleshooting
tips for Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
What to do when your Alexa device does not connect to Wi-Fi?
Here are some tips if your voice device does not connect to your Wi-Fi network.
· If the light on your device is orange and your device's Wi-Fi connection does not work as expected, check to which Wi-Fi network your device is trying to connect. You can check this in the Wi-Fi section under the “Settings”. After assuring it is your home Wi-Fi network, try reconnecting the device.
Note : Echo devices connect to Wi-Fi dual band networks (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) using the 802.11a / b / g / n standard. These devices do not support ad-hoc (peer-to-peer) networks.
· Make sure you know your network password (if necessary). If you see a lock icon, a network password is required. Remember that this password is not the password of your Amazon account. You only need the Amazon password for login to your Amazon account, after you download alexa app.
· Check if other devices (such as tablets or mobile phones) can connect to your network. Otherwise, there may be a problem with your Wi-Fi network. Contact your Internet service provider, network administrator or the person who set up your network for assistance.
· Update the firmware of your router or modem hardware if needed.
· If you saved your Wi-Fi password on Amazon, but recently changed the password, you need to re-enter your new Wi-Fi password to log in again.
· By default, your router can use both WPA + WPA2 for security. To resolve connection problems, change the security type of the router to WPA or WPA2 only. If the router also has an option to set the type of encryption, it is recommended to configure it only in AES.
Smart Devices like Amazon Echo are surely a game changer in the AI industry. Further, with the Alexa skills there is a huge scope of advancements in the smart home connectivity. Above all, they fit very well as per your pocket as per their performance and use.
Created on Sep 5th 2019 01:49. Viewed 148 times.