Junus Tan suggesting the best way to get a job in Singapore?by Vicky Mamoria Website Promoter These days people trust your LinkedIn profile more than your resume. But there is one other way much preferred than Linkeidn introduction.
Let me drop a brief…
I'm Junus Tan and have worked with a number of bosses here in Singapore and had been asked to be an introducer always.
Bosses here still prefer words of mouth recommendation.
So to answer your question, the best way to get to these bosses and referred by people like me is to Network.
Step out of your comfort zone and start attending events, courses, group meetings like meetups and many more.
This widen your perspective as well as your networks. Thus increasing chance to become hired.
1. Show up for the interview/audition.
Junus Tan had people confirm on text, email, FB… that they’re coming… then promptly don’t show up. Good luck getting a job by not showing up at the interview at all.
2. If you show up, be punctual or just slightly early.
3. Don’t be stupid.
- This was literally an interview I had with a candidate in 2012.
- Gary: What sort of position are you applying for?
- Applicant: Um… admin?
- Gary: I don’t need any admins. I write my own emails and do my own filing.
- Applicant: Yeah, but I could do your other admin.
- Gary: Like?
- Applicant: Collect your mail and shred stuff.
- Gary: Look, I’ve got three video editors here. I need one more. Would you like to be a video editor? I’ll train you. No probation.
- Applicant: Um… no.
- Gary: Do you know what a studio does?
- Applicant: No.
- Gary: Thank you.
- Note: This guy had no CV on him.
4. At least Google what the company does, before the interview.
Created on Nov 1st 2019 06:52. Viewed 181 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.