International Students Must Know Before Applying for a Job in Canadaby Seek Academy Training Institute
International students after graduating from Canadian Universities have a really good chance of landing a job in the same country. Unlike the UK and US government, the goal of the Canadian government is to make Canada a study and work hub for international students. Canada values educated people and skilled labor and encourage them to work and get a permanent residency in Canada.
A graduate from a Canadian university can apply for a work permit which costs around CAD 255 and valid for 3 years. Seek Consultants provide Canada immigration services and they will be able to help you with various documentation. However, all the documents are to be submitted online and the processing time ranges from 69 to 101 days.
Everything may sound easy but it’s actually not. There are some hurdles that may prevent international students from securing a job or citizenship in Canada.
1. LESS TIME TO APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT AND JOB: After an international student completes their course, a period of 90 days is given to them to search for a job, apply for a work permit, or return home. Canadian Alliance of Student Association’s reports state that it takes around 6 months for a student to find a job. This 90-day timeframe is very short to make a decision. They have only 90 days to get a work permit while their study permit is valid and along with that, they have to search for jobs as well. This reduces their chances of being hired.
2. VISA STATUS: Various researches prove that employers generally don’t want to hire people who don’t legally have permission to stay and work in Canada. The temporary status of international students is a disadvantage and holds them back from getting a job. Also, international students are required to complete a bunch of paperwork which is a burden for the employers.
3. LACK OF WORK EXPERIENCE: Canadian employers don’t want to hire international students because the employers fear that the students won’t be able to adapt to the way work is done. This discrimination blocks international students from securing a job in Canada. However, if you have sufficient work experience as a result of internships, then it won’t be that big of a deal.
4. UNIVERSITIES DON’T PREPARE STUDENTS FOR JOBS: The education model in Canada is good with a balance of practical and theory. However, internships and other such programs hardly exist. The students graduating from Canadian universities are often not selected by employers in other countries. Employment opportunities for international students are required to help those secure jobs in Canada as freshers.
5. SEEK ADVICE FROM IMMIGRATION CONSULTANTS: Canadian government mandates that any consultation about immigration services should be taken from third parties. Seek Consultants is a provider of Immigration Services in Delhi. They will help you with all the above-mentioned issues. Also, seeking advice from authorized representatives is costly. Therefore, third-party immigration consultants are recommended.
Created on Jun 10th 2019 02:51. Viewed 364 times.