Information about orthodonticsby Pooja Chauhan Freelance Professional
Definition of orthodontics:
It is one of the branches of dentistry, which deals with the repair and adjustment of defects in the regularity of teeth and their consistency.
Orthodontic installation and mechanism:
Various calendars depend on two basic pillars:
_ Apply well to correct dental defects.
_Stimulate and guide bone growth to adjust the upper and lower jaws position .
_A pressure or pull force is exerted on the teeth that lead to the jaw, which helps to form bones around the roots of the teeth after moving to the new position.
_The duration of orthodontic treatment varies from one to three years if the device is stable.
_Up to 6 months if moving
Diagnosis of a patient who needs orthodontics:
Diagnosis of the condition in the orthodontic clinic on the following:
The disease date of the patient.
Date of the condition.
Clinical examination of teeth and face.
Face photos in several directions.
Study of gypsum dental molds.
1 - Therapeutic orthodontic:
It does not have a specific age, including until the fifties of age and is not as common as orthodontic treatment is a monopoly on young people only.
2. Preventative orthodontic:
It will be between 7 and 12 years to prevent possible future orthodontic problems.
3- The aesthetic orthodontic:
It has no effect or therapeutic properties, but it is cosmetic as a fashion or a habit that some young people in the adolescent class often look forward to. It is not recommended.
Disadvantages of the orthodontic and its side effects:
- The discomfort of having a foreign body increases the saliva and the feeling of pressure on the teeth.
• Injury of t the oral tissue.
• Absorbs the roots of the teeth and decreases their length.
• Gingivitis, tooth decay and undesirable odors in case of neglect of hygiene.
• Minor pain in the jaws and the temporal joint of the jaw.
• Chalk layers on the surface of the enamel layer of teeth due to loss of minerals.
General advice about orthodontic
- The patient has the right to know a full explanation on his condition after diagnosis. He has to know the treatment plan, all options available for treatment, the duration of treatment, the number of visits required and cost and the consequences of negligence of treatment.
• The patient has the right to see previous conditions have been completed by the doctor and clarify the difference between before and after treatment.
• There are many terms that you will hear from your doctor such as open bite, reversed bite, deep bite, , deviation of the teeth. You can ask and receive an explanation at length about each problem suffered before starting any therapeutic stage.
• The decision to choose the type of evaluation device shared by the dentist and the patient; it depends on several things including age, the orthodontics and cost, the acceptability of negatives of each type ,efficiency of the orthodontic system of different types and aesthetic form and the material used and so on.
Created on Jun 21st 2018 11:17. Viewed 275 times.