Important Things You Need to Know About Australian Bridging Visas

by Arpita Shah Seo Executive

Most important thing you need while studying in Australia is the right visa. A Bridging Visa Australia can be used for a variety of purposes, but it is widely known to bridge the gap between a former visa and the visa you are applying for. Meaning, the visa holds a temporary value and allows you to legally stay in the country when waiting for a substantive visa to be processed.

A bridging visa can be granted for various reasons, including:

  • If you await a court decision
  • In case your original visa has expired, and you are waiting for approval of the substantive visa
  • If you have requested a ministerial intervention
  • In the event that you are awaiting an Administrative Appeals Tribunal decision on a visa cancellation or refusal
  • If you are staying illegally in the country but arranging to depart voluntarily

International students studying automotive engineering courses and other courses in Australia are required to know about the Bridging Visas. There are five types of bridging visa and each one has slightly different functions and entitlements attached to it.

Bridging Visa A (BVA)

This kind of visa permits you to stay in the country after your present visa has expired, and your application for a substantive visa is being processed. A Bridging Visa A doesn’t allow you to return to Australia if you leave.

Bridging Visa B (BVB)

The BVB is a temporary visa that permits you to depart and return to the country while waiting for the approval of your substantive visa approval.

Bridging Visa C (BVC)

The BVC is also a temporary visa for non-Australian who want to file a valid substantive visa application. This may be applicable for the ones who have overstayed in Australia and wish to make their stay lawful. Mere possession of a BVC doesn’t give you travel rights, meaning if you leave the country you may not be allowed to return.

Bridging Visa D (BVD)

If your substantive visa has expired, a BVD will permit you to stay in the country for a short period. This brief time is just sufficient to enable you to apply for a substantive visa, prepare to leave or to be granted a Bridging Visa E.

Bridging Visa E (BVE)

In the event your substantive visa has expired, or have some immigration decision pending, a BVE will allow you to stay in the country. It enables you to prepare to leave or finalise your immigration concerns. 

Visa Option for Recently Graduated Students

Temporary Graduate visais for such international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. The Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) visa allows you to live, study and work in the country temporarily after the completion of your course.   

The visa has two streams:

  • Graduate work stream: Under this stream, you can stay in Australia for 18 months.
  • Post-Study work stream: The length of stay under Post-Study work stream is 2 to 4 years.

For more information on visa and immigration concerns, you can meet expert immigration consultants at AECC Global.

Sponsor Ads

About Arpita Shah Advanced   Seo Executive

64 connections, 0 recommendations, 196 honor points.
Joined APSense since, August 25th, 2014, From new delhi, India.

Created on Sep 25th 2017 04:14. Viewed 308 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.