IMPORTANT AREAS OF POOL FENCES TO BE INSPECTED DURING SWIMMING POOL FENCING MAINTENANCEby Mark W. Glass Fencing Sydney
Whatever safety devices you have in your home, it is recommended that they are checked at least twice in a year for any kind of flaw or defect so that they can be traced and resolved. This will not just keep you free from stress, but at the same time, will also help you keep the device working perfectly for you and one such device or installation is the swimming pool fencing.
In fact, experts say that since it is a mandatory safety installation in the properties here in Australia, they deserve much more attention than any other.
Therefore, in this post, we will go through some safety of maintenance tips related to these pool fences.
Here is a list of some of the things you should be doing:
Are all the pool fence poles properly seated into the sleeves in your pool deck?
- This step has to be taken if you have semi frameless pool fencing because poles will come only with that type of pool fences.
- In terms of totally frameless pool fencing, you need to inspect the spigots that are installed in the ground to hold glass panes.
- Coming back to poles, they should be checked for a number of things like rusting, dirt, grime, etc., their firmness in the ground and so on.
- Then, they should also be checked whether they are holding the glass panes firmly or not and this has to be followed by cleaning that is generally done using a garden hose.
- All you have to do is to jet spray in the holes in the pool’s deck to ensure that all the dirt and grime is released from there.
- Once done, you can then, take a wet cloth to wipe away all the dirt present on the surface.
Check all latch connection points for the entire pool fencing system-
- The next thing to check in pool fences is the latch connections and this has to be ensured that they are all in a good shape.
- According to the experts, the pool fences latches that one section to another should be connected firmly to the other section of the swimming pool fencing.
- Other than this, these latches should be tight enough to ensure that a child or even a 10 year old kid could not open it.
- You should ensure that you are unable to open it with bare hands and if you could not, the toddlers will also not be able to open them.
Check your self-closing, self-latching pool fence gate for proper function -
- A very important part to check in these swimming pool fencing is the self-latching pool gates and they should be inspected for their proper functioning.
- First up, you need to ensure that your pool fence gate automatically latches after each opening and that it self-closes.
- Other than this, the hinges to have a very important role and thus, they deserve inspection as well and you can adjust the functioning speed of these hinges depending upon the requirements.
- Automatic latching of the gates of swimming pool fencing is very important because sometimes when the safety fence is removed and reinstalled the gate may not latch.
Created on May 4th 2020 08:29. Viewed 240 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.