Ideas to Maximize Wardrobe Storage Space in Small Bedroomsby Armstrong Louis HR
Modern homes often pose the challenge of limited storage space. This is especially true in case of the bedroom. In many cases, the bedroom is so small that there is limited space for a cabinet or a closet. To fit in a closet in this limited space, it is advised to select custom cabinet designs that are defined for your bedroom. Here are some ideas for wardrobes for small spaces:-
1. Sliding Doors - Sliding doors are the best option for closets in small bedrooms. They can fit into the wall and do not interfere with the passage space around the bed.
2. Mirrors - Mirrors on the wardrobe will reflect natural light into the room making it appear brighter. This creates an illusion that the room is larger than its actual size.
3. Glass Doors - Glass doors, transparent or opaque will make the wardrobe appear like a decorative feature in the room. It will also allow you to view your items easily.
4. Floor-to-Ceiling Cabinets - It is best to make the most of whatever space is available. To maximize storage space, it is a good idea to have cabinets that extend from the floor to the ceiling. You can divide the ceiling space into compartments and even decide to extend it.
5. Corner Cabinets - If your bedroom has a vacant corner, the best solution to utilize this space is by having a corner cabinet. Ideally, the corner cabinet should have a traditional, swing door so that the deepest corners of the cabinet can be accessed easily.
6. Bedside Closet - In small rooms, you can choose to replace bedside tables with closets. Build a closet against the head of the bed, ensuring that the doors don’t interfere with the space around the bed.
7. Open Cabinets - In some apartments, bedrooms have small extended areas attached to the bedroom. However, these spaces are often very small and it becomes impossible to install a standard closet. To solve this issue, you can have an open shelved cabinet in this space. To provide privacy and protect your items from dirt and damage, you can draw a curtain around it.
8. Shelving Details - The success of a wardrobe depends on how well you utilize and organize the internal space. Characterize the interiors of the wardrobe with shelves, rods and other hardware. You should work closely with your interior designer to create a functional wardrobe that will satisfy your needs.
If you have very limited storage in your bedroom, or lots of items to store, you will need to find alternative storage options. The area under the stairs can be utilized to install small closets. Another option is to equip your bed with pull-out storage.With the above ideas, you will be able to create sufficient storage potential in your bedroom. Utilizing the limited available space efficiently will ensure that your bedroom does not look stuffy.
Created on Mar 29th 2019 08:06. Viewed 231 times.