https://telegra.ph/How-to-Remove-Autocomplete-Email-Addresses-from-Outlook-appwebsite-10-10by Rdx Tango Get complete real-time protection and safeguard yo
Outlook stores all the email addresses that a user enters. This means all email addresses you’ve entered in To, Cc, and Bcc boxes of an Outlook message is remembered by Outlook. This is done to make things more convenient for the users. You may have seen this as well, when you enter the first few letters of an email address, Outlook shows the suggestions that match your entry. These all are those email addresses you’ve already used on Outlook. It also suggests the old, mistyped, and unnecessary contacts,
Which you don’t want to view in autocomplete suggestions. There you may also have few contacts that you want to remove entirely for some reason. This article tells you the complete and easy steps to remove autocomplete email address in all versions of Outlook as well as from the website.
Steps to delete an email address from Outlook saved addresses (auto-complete list)
You can delete a single email address as well as the complete saved list at once from Outlook. If you want to remove a few selected contacts, then these steps will work for you. To remove the complete saved email addresses list, use the next steps.
- Open your Outlook app.
- Now, compose a new Outlook email.
- Click the ‘To’ field and type the email address or name you want to delete. As you type the first
- few letters, Outlook autocomplete will display the match addresses.
- Select the email address you want to delete by using the ‘Down Arrow’ button.
- Now, click the ‘X’ symbol showing at the end or just hit the ‘Delete’ button.
- The contact will be removed from the Outlook autocomplete list. This way you can delete the more
- saved email addresses from Outlook.
Steps to delete all saved email addresses from Outlook auto-complete list
If you have few unnecessary or unwanted auto-complete addresses, then with the above instructions you can remove them. But, to delete all autocomplete email addresses at once, you’ll need to use the below instructions.
- Open your Outlook app.
- After that, open the ‘File’ tab.
- Select ‘Options’ from the left column. This will open the Outlook Options window in the main
- Now, open the ‘Mail’ tab in Outlook Options.
- Go to ‘Send messages’ heading and find the ‘Empty Auto-Complete List’ option.
- Click on ‘Empty Auto-Complete List’ option.
- Click ‘Yes’ in the confirmation popup.
- Click ‘OK.’
The entire saved email address from the Outlook autocomplete list will be removed. Now, you’ll not get the email address suggestions from Outlook, for a few times.s If you don’t want to get the recipient’s suggestions from Outlook until you want, then you’ve to turn off this feature.
● Look for the ‘Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names/email address when typing into To, Cc,
and Bcc fields.’
● Now, click and remove the checkmark from its box.
● Click ‘OK’ to save.
In Outlook 2007: Go to ‘Tools’ > Options > E-mail options > Advanced Email Options > uncheck ‘Suggest
names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields’ option > Click ‘OK’.
Now, you’ll not get the recipient’s suggestions anymore from Outlook.
Steps to delete an email address from Outlook auto-complete list through
Outlook website displays the autocomplete suggestions for an email address from different sources.
But, you can prevent them from displaying by deleting the email addresses from the Outlook contacts.
Here is how.
- Choose ‘People’ from the View Switcher.
- Now, find the contacts whose email address you do not want to see in autocomplete suggestion and select it. To find the contact easily, click the ‘Search’ box and type the email you want to delete.
- Now, click ‘Edit.’
- Clear or remove the unwanted email address.
- Then, click ‘Save.’
- The email address will no longer appear in the Outlook website recipient’s suggestions.
Rdx Tango is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding Mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Oct 10th 2019 10:11. Viewed 216 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.