How will you get the Drug License to Start a Pharmacy Business?by Sanjiv Gupta Sanjivani
Pharmacy business is a long-lived business in India that isn't influenced by economic cycles. In addition, the rising popularity of corporate hospitals as well as multi-specialty hospitals in India has brought immense growth to the healthcare and pharmacy business in India. As a result, today there are large numbers of Top Retail Pharmacy Chains in India are running successfully.
To do pharmacy business, drug license is mandatory. The Central Drugs Standard Control Organization as well as State Drugs Standard Control Organization deals with the issue of drug license in India.
Typically, the Drug Control Organization issues two kinds of licenses for running pharmacy business. One is the Retail Drug License (RDL) issued to operate a general chemist shop. The other is the Wholesale Drug License (WDL) issued to people or offices occupied with wholesale of medicines. In many states, a retail drug license is just issued to people who have a degree or diploma in pharmacy from a renowned institute or university after depositing the essential fee because of the way that it is a dedicated job and just skilled people can deal with it. However, the above conditions are not the same in case of securing a Wholesale Drug permit (WDL).
The Requirement for acquiring Drug License
Below given are the minimum requirements for getting a drug license or beginning a pharmacy in India:
· Area: The least area of 10 square meters is needed to set up a medical shop. In case, the pharmacy business joins the retail as well as wholesale, a 15 square meter is required.
· Storage Facility: The store should have an air conditioner and refrigerator in the premises. As per the labeling specifications, assured drugs, for instance, Sera, vaccines, Insulin Injections etc., are needed to be stored in the refrigerator.
· Technical Staff:
Ø Wholesale – The selling of drug by wholesale shall be done in the existence of registered pharmacist or a knowledgeable person who shall have 1 yr experience in handling drugs or a person who has cleared S.S.L.C with 4y ears experience in handling drugs, particularly approved by the department of drug control for the reason.
Ø Retail – The selling of drug by retail must be made in the existence of registered pharmacist permitted by the department, the registered pharmacist is needed during the working hours.
Documents needed for acquiring Drug License
The documents compulsory for beginning a pharmacy business differs from state to state. Nevertheless, here is a pinpointing rundown of documents needed for acquiring drug license in India.
· Application form in the given format
· Covering Letter with the purpose of the application signed with the name as well as the designation of the applicant
· Challan of the fee paid for getting drug license
· Declaration form in the format given
· Key plan(Blueprint) for the premises
· Site plan (Blueprint) for the premises
· The basis of possession of the premises
· Proof of ownership of the premises, if borrowed
· Proof of constitution of the business (Incorporation Certificate/AOA/MOA/Partnership Deed)
· Affidavit of non-conviction of proprietor/partners/directors under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
· Affidavit of the registered pharmacist or competent person working full time
· Appointment letter of registered pharmacist/competent person, if hired person.
Therefore, in order to get the franchise of the Largest Pharmacy Chain in India you must hold a drug license and for that, you must fulfill the above-mentioned requirements.
Created on Oct 26th 2018 05:57. Viewed 31 times.