How to Use Google Assistant to Control Your Xbox Oneby Indo Bazzar Online Shopping Store
These days the biggest rivals Microsoft and Google, are showing surprising collaboration with each other. For instance, they are developing a fantastic feature of integrating Google’s artificially intelligent voice assistant known as Google Assistant.
This work has been successful and fruitful so far, and fans are happy to see this new upgrade in their gaming platform.
Nowadays, you can also ask Google Assistant to open games, control media on your Xbox One console, and even record your gameplay within a simple voice command.
Isn’t it remarkable? However, it would be best if you learn how to make this happen on your device as this feature isn’t officially out.
In this article, you are about to learn how to use Google Assistant to control your favorite gaming console Xbox One. So, what’s the wait? Let’s begin…
Setting Up Google Assistant with Xbox One- Easy Tutorial
It is currently available in beta version, so don’t expect butter-smooth performance from this feature as companies are still improving it. There could be unexpected glitches while you use this new feature. Here’s how to link Google Assistant to Xbox One:
- First and foremost, visit “https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/xbox-action-beta” on your web browser.
- Then head to the “Join Group” link.
- Ensure that you are logged in with the same account that you generally use with your other devices, meaning it should be your primary Google Account. This account has to be on your Google Assistant devices.
- After that, ensure that your gaming console Xbox One is turned, and you are logged in with your Microsoft Account. This account will be linked to your Google Account in a few next steps.
- Ensure that your Xbox is ready to connect with digital services such as Google Assistant.
- To make sure this, go to System on your Xbox One.
- Then head to Settings and then click on Devices and Streaming.
- After that, go to Digital Assistants.
- This is where you manage all digital assistants.
- Make sure that the option saying “Enable Digital Assistant” is selected.
- Now your Xbox One is ready to get connected to the Google Assistant.
- Next, on your smartphone, launch the Google Home application. If you don’t have it, then download it instantly from Google Play Store or Apple App Store as per your device OS. Android users must use the Google Play Store, and iPhone users must use the Apple App Store to install the Google Home app.
- You might see the button saying “Connect Microsoft Xbox” on the main screen automatically.
- Hit this button to continue.
- However, if there is no button like it, just head to the + icon from the upper-left corner.
- Go to “Set Up Device.”
- Then navigate to the option saying, “Have Something Already Set Up?”
- In the search bar, put in Xbox and then select it from the results.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining setup process.
- You might need to login to the Microsoft account that is linked to your Xbox One in the Google Home application.
- You will now get an email from the Microsoft team to verify that you are permitting Google Home to use your account.
- Verify the email.
- Now allow your Xbox One to use a room that you wish.
Congrats! Your Google Assistant is now ready to work on your Xbox One gaming system.
How to Manage Xbox One with Google Assistant
Sure, you are not going to play games by using your voice, thinking that Google Assistant will enable you to do this now. It can be actually utilized to control the basic functions on your Xbox One without using your controller.
This will allow you to adjust certain things on your gaming device without pausing your gameplay. For instance, while playing games, you can actually adjust the volume or close and open the apps and other functions. When it comes to playing games, nothing works better than your Xbox One controllers.
Here are the fundamental features and things that you can control via Google Assistant on your Xbox Box:
Turn your Xbox One console on or off.
Play games on Xbox
Launch the applications
Change the TV channel on Xbox
Capture screenshots effortlessly
Stop or Pause Xbox
Start or Resume
Jump to Next or Previous
Mute and Unmute
Now don’t ask how to use these things on Xbox One via Google Assistant. You don’t need training for this too.
Okay come on, just need to say “Hey Google, mute the Xbox One (Or the name of your Xbox One)” It is as simple as turning off or on the smart lights in your room with Google Home.
I’m Anny. I’m a social media manager living in USA. I am a fan of technology, design, and music. I’m also interested in fitness and visit our Directory Business page. You can attend my event with a click on the button above.
Created on Jun 24th 2020 04:13. Viewed 747 times.