How to use google analytics for ecommerce: Detailed Guideby Rahul Singh Make My Business Online E-commerce business models can exponentially improve with the help of Google Analytics; that's a fact. Why? Because business runs on data and for e-commerce businesses, Google Analytics is the data reservoir. Even the most rudimentary form of Google Analytics can show business owners the volume of their traffic, where they are coming from, and how they are interacting with the website. This is huge, but not enough. That is why we are creating this Google analytics guide for e-commerce.
The basics of how to set up ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics
First, you need to know what Google analytics is; it is a tracking tool. You need to understand how to use it to benefit from it. Data you see is neither negative nor positive, data is data, how you use it, and how you interpret it defines it.
Now let's talk about the basics.
You DO NOT need a "special version" Google Analytics for your e-commerce website. You just need to set up and customize your current analytics for better tracking.
The data in Google analytics is divided into transaction data and item data. Each type of data reveals a different side of e-commerce websites. While one details regarding the purchased product, the other details regarding the transaction features.
How to start?
- Set up or open your Google Analytics account.
- Go to the analytics page.
- Then do the following:
- Click on “Admin” link
- Click on “Tracking Info”
- Choose “Tracking Code”
- Copy the tracking code
- Paste it on your website (All PAGES)
If you wanted to know how to use Google analytics e-commerce tracking procedure, now you know how to generate the report. But, now what? Now you can go to different sections and use them tactfully.
You also need to understand how you can use it.
How to use Google Analytics e-commerce tracking for the benefit of your E-commerce?
- Through the search-term report understand what the visitors on your website are searching for and optimize your content to match that.
- Through the behavior flow report, uncover the evolving pain points and the changing behavior of your clients. Work on them to showcase that you understand their journey, and you are improving on your website to make their journey easier and more fruitful.
- Understand your customers' uniqueness and how THAT dictates their purchase patterns through Google Analytics. Consult a creative digital marketing agency in Delhi NCR or anywhere in the world to utilize this new knowledge and create a better voice for your brand.
- Use the path length report in Google Analytics to decipher the ideal number of interactions needed for your visitors to convert into customers. You can then create better marketing campaigns with the help of a reputed digital marketing company like MMBO, which is also known as the best digital marketing company in Delhi.
- You can keep track of what worked and what doesn't. Use the knowledge to redesign or repurpose your website if needed. You can hire a digital branding company in Delhi NCR or anywhere in the world to make your e-commerce website better.
There are many other ways to use Google Analytics for better e-commerce website management preferred by successful e-commerce websites and brands. Tried and tested ways, tricks and perks of using Google analytics, and statistics to support the data can be found in some amazing infographics that answer the best FAQS:
- Why do you need ecommerce tracking?
- How should you do ecommerce tracking?
- What are the benefits?
What do we learn from this?
Google Analytics is free, it is effective, and the kind of data it produces can revolutionize an e-commerce business. There is a lot of data available teaching how should you do e-commerce tracking and discussing the effect of Google Analytics on e-commerce conversion rates. But, you can only succeed with the right information, from the right source at the right time.
Created on Jul 10th 2020 01:40. Viewed 259 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.