How to use GameCube Controller with Nintendo Switch
by Devin Smith seo
Nintendo Switch is a popular gaming console developed by Nintendo that is a high technology and hybrid gaming console compatible with most of the games. It can be used as a home console and portable device. In order to give complete support on the hand’s palm, the device is built with wireless Joy-Con Controllers having standard format tabs, directional analog sticks for providing users input motion-sensing features, and spectacular tactile feedback.
On the other hand, GameCube Controller is a standard gaming controller for home-based video game consoles, and this too is manufactured by Nintendo. It was first introduced in Northern America, then Europe, and, finally, in the state of Australia. This gaming console was also introduced in the international launch of Super Smash Bros.
In case you wish to connect and use the GameCube Controller with the gaming console of Nintendo Switch, then you have to perform some workarounds.
Using GameCube Controller with Nintendo Switch by Updating it
- One can use the GameCube Controller to get the feel of older days of gaming consoles in place of the latest Nintendo Switch Console. It’s one of the perfect GameCube Home Video Gaming Consoles for various interesting gaming series such as Super Smash Bros, but you can use it with any of your desired game.
- The GameCube Controller is compatible with the Nintendo Switch gaming console, but it’s the matter of inspection that the Nintendo Switch console is running with the system update edition of at least 5.0.0 introduced in the month of March 2018.
Checking The Update Version of Nintendo Switch
To ensure that the Nintendo Switch is upgraded to the recent edition, follow these guidelines:
- First and foremost, check and ensure that the system is properly connected to Wi-Fi or a stable internet connection.
- Then, move to the System Settings page by tapping the Home menu.
- Once you reach the System Settings page, go to the System tab and check the current system edition under the “System Update” section at the right-hand side section.
Connecting GameCube Controller with Nintendo Switch
During the launching of the 5.0 software update edition of Nintendo Switch in the autumn of 2017, the company infused various interesting features to the facet. These included the ability to use and connect GameCube Controller with the system of Nintendo Switch.
You have to use the “Wii U GameCube Controller” adapter in order to connect the GameCube Controller to Nintendo Switch, just like Nintendo’s official controller adapter. If you want to purchase the Controller Adapter of GameCube, then you have to pay around Dollar 20 in the retail store.
Follow these guidelines correctly to connect your old GameCube Controller to Nintendo Switch. Don’t miss the single steps to avoid any mishaps.
- First and foremost, put the Nintendo Switch Console on TV mode and then connect both the USB cords to the respective plugs to the dock of Nintendo Switch. It should be plugged from the Controller Adapter of GameCube.
- There are two separate USB ports on either side of the Dock of Nintendo Switch located on every model of Nintendo Switch, where you have to connect the adapter of the GameCube Controller.
- Once you have properly connected your GameCube Controller Adapter to the ports of USB, then you have to connect the GameCube Controller to the adapter and tap the key located on the controller of GameCube having the Nintendo Switch turned ON.
- After that, reach to the gaming console of Nintendo Switch and then tap the Controller Settings tap to expand the options menu. This option is located at the Home Screen. You have to perform this action through the controller of Nintendo Switch.
- Now, move to the menu of “Controllers” and then choose the option “Pairing New Controllers.” Then, the Nintendo Switch starts searching for the compatible “Nintendo Switch” Controller.
- You will be asked to choose the trigger tabs from the available left or right on the GameCube Controller. The process is just as we do with the Joy-Cons of Nintendo Switch.
- After a while, the menu of Nintendo Switch Controllers will launch up on the screen showing a synced USB Controller.
Created on Jul 1st 2020 00:14. Viewed 152 times.