How to Unlock Windows PC with Android Fingerprint Scannerby Alexa Is McAfee Cloud
Windows 10 OS provides multiple features having various security tools that secure data from numerous thefts and leakage. Every Windows 10 PC runs on a specific account system that may require a secure passcode and a PIN to unlock its functions. Some high-end laptops and PCs enables a unique tool of Window Hello. It holds various features such as face recognition, fingerprint scanner along with iris scanner. These special tools detect your identification section for which you wish to unlock your device.
Windows 10 OS provides an interesting feature to unlock your PC through your smartphone. In this case, you use the fingerprint scanner of your handheld device for the same purpose.
Here is how you can use your smartphone to unlock your system by setting up a remote unlocking feature. You can do it even when you don’t have Hello feature on your device.
Using Remote Fingerprint Unlock Feature
Android users can use Remote Fingerprint Unlock tool to unlock their PC. It’s an application that enables the users to connect their handheld devices to PC. It uses client application on both the devices to do this task.
If you wish to use this program to unlock your system, you must need Marshmellow 6.1 OS or above on your smartphone. You can use the internet connection on your PC to avail this feature.
Follow these instructions if you wish to set up a third-party application related to Remote Fingerprint Unlock tool:
- First and foremost, install and download the application of remote fingerprint unlock tool on your device. You have to install it on the Play Store.
- Then, download the specific Credential Module related to Windows Fingerprint on your system for setting up the feature of unlocking your PC.
- After that, Sign Out from the account and then navigate to the interface related to lock screen display.
- Next, Then, connect your system with Wi-Fi enabled strong internet connections by navigating the lock screen.
- Note: Make sure that you have a strong internet connection.
- Next, enable Wi-Fi connection on your handheld device to connect to the network.
- Then, launch the application on your android smartphone and scan your finger for fingerprint for generating the unique key.
- Now, hit the menu button located at the upper left-hand side edge of your screen. Alternatively, swipe the page by navigating the left edge of your screen to open menu section.
- Next, select the option “Scan” by navigating the list.
- After that, press the “Refresh” tab to search the provided and active system.
- Now, allot a name and then save the changes.
- After that, navigate to the section “My Accounts” and hit the PC option that you have connected recently. This action will add your system to the application.
Note: To authenticate Sign-in accounts information, you have to type your current account details such as email ID, name and passcode.
- Then, authenticate your session ID for connecting your account.
- Next, hit the option “Connected Account” as default one.
- After that, return to the section “Unlock” and scan your finger on the available fingerprint scanner of your handheld device.
Note: This feature only works when your system is displaying the lock screen.
- Navigate to “My Accounts” section if you wish to add extra account or PC. Then, hit the “Add” tab to take additional PC to unlock your system.
Note: This feature is also available with Premium Mode, that consists of various premium features such as Wake on Lan and Multiple Accounts. This premium feature enables users to transfer their commands to the network-enabled system. It works on an android application for various tasks that includes sleep, wake up etc.
- This feature is supported by SSL (TLS) and is properly compatible, providing safety features as it claimed by various manufacturers.
- There is no such universal application that makes you unable to unlock system directly from your smartphones through scanning fingerprints on android device. This feature is very attractive as it uses a portable handheld device to unlock your PC.
Note: Users can use another method: “Samsung Flow” to unlock their PC on Samsung handheld devices. It provides similar steps as an Android device with some small changes.
Jaxson Harry is a Internet Security expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Created on Feb 26th 2020 07:48. Viewed 221 times.